Author Topic: cold rise  (Read 2073 times)

Offline bricklayer

cold rise
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »
tom, welcome, you"re the man who got me started making pizza, thank you, thank you very much! now,i make my dough using.50% ady put in fridge 2 days. when i go to use it i have to get it out 4 hours before i need to use it. should i use more ady?

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
Re: cold rise
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:16:26 AM »
Bricklayer;
Your 0.5% level of ADY is "spot on", as is the two days in the cooler. Your 4-hours out at room temperature to temper might be a little long though. We typically allow the dough to temper for 2-hours or three, at the most if the dough ball weights are 20-ounces or more. You should be able to continue using the dough for up to 3, possibly 4-hours once the dough has tempered sufficiently to allow you to begin forming the dough balls into pizza skins. Bottom line, if 4-hours is working for you, and you are happy with the window for using the dough after it has tempered, don't change anything.
The most rewarding part of my job is when I hear from someone like you, that I've helped get started, or turn around a failing business and make a success story out of it. I only supplied the direction, you made it all happen. :)
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor