Author Topic: HELP  (Read 164 times)

Offline najatskitchen

• I Love Pizza!
HELP
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »
Please , I need help .I opened a pizzeria a few weeks ago and i usually make dough out of 10 kg flour  each day.the last couple of days were slow , so I decided not to make any today.And to my surprise, I had a busy evening, i have shortage of medium, and large sizes.i read somewhere here in this forum about a six hour dough recipe .i searched tonight  and couldn't find it. Please if you can be nice and help me with a recipe , i will go early in the morning to make a batch.I use cold fermentation and Lehmann Pizza Dough Calculating Tool.
Thanks in advance.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »
What you are looking for is the Emergency Dough Formula and Procedure.
If you cannot find it, try this.
Using your regular dough formula:
Double the yeast amount.
Delete any added sugar from the dough formula.
Increase the temperature of the dough water by 15F.
Mix the dough just until it looks smooth.
Immediately scale and form into balls.
Place the dough balls into your dough boxes and lightly oil the top of each dough ball.
Stack the dough boxes nesting one box atop the other to seal closed.
Dough balls will be ready to use in about 3-hours and they will have a shelf life of about 1-hour, maybe a little more.
Tip: As dough balls begin to over age, open them into pizza skins and place on pizza screens, store on tree racks in the cooler (cover with a plastic bag to prevent excessive drying)
To use the pre-opened skins, allow to warm at room temperature for 20 to 30-minutes, dock well and use as you do your regular pizza skins.
I know, it's a pain, and it ain't the same as your regular pizzas, but it sure beats the alternative.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline najatskitchen

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:37:50 PM »
I am extremely lucky tonight to have the dough doctor answer my question .I can't thank you enough for the support.one last notice , I want to make the dough and use it after 6 -8 hours , is it possible to use the Emergency Dough Formula and Procedure in this case?and do i use the cold fermentation ?

Thanks indeed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:39:36 PM by najatskitchen »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 10:33:17 PM »
I am extremely lucky tonight to have the dough doctor answer my question .I can't thank you enough for the support.one last notice , I want to make the dough and use it after 6 -8 hours , is it possible to use the Emergency Dough Formula and Procedure in this case?and do i use the cold fermentation ?

Thanks indeed.
Instead of double the yeast....maybe try 50% more?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline najatskitchen

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 07:17:24 AM »
Instead of double the yeast....maybe try 50% more?
Will do that this morning.I really appreciate  your comments and eagerness to help others.

Offline David Esq.

• Making pizza since 2013
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 07:37:10 AM »
I am curious about the workflow of your pizzeria. Why didn't you mix the dough at night, before or after closing and stick it in the fridge? If that is because you weren't sure of the tInIn, It seems like a good idea to have  a go to formula for mixing in the PM as well as the AM, in addition to an emergency dough in case the fridge breaks overnight.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 08:10:09 AM »
najatskitchen,

You might also check out the thread at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8297.0.html.

Peter

Offline najatskitchen

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 08:52:53 PM »