Author Topic: Staging Topped pizzas for service  (Read 59 times)

Offline LittleManJax

• I Love Pizza!
Staging Topped pizzas for service
« on: Today at 09:21:27 AM »
Morning

What is the ideal method and/or dough formula for staging stretched, sauced and topped pizzas? I'd like to hold for 3-4 hours under refrigeration and then bring to room temperature prior to baking at a high temperature.  The dough we are currently using is "Neapolitan" in style Pivetti "00" flour, IDY, oil, cold ferment 24 hours baked in a hot gas stone oven at 700 degrees plus in some cases baked in a Turbo Chef fire oven 700++ degrees in other operations).

We have reduced the moisture in our sauce (classic food milled canned tomatoes with salt), decreased the hydration in the dough, on the stretched dough we applied a light brush of olive oil and developed pizzas with ingredients that are low in inherently low in moisture.

We have also considered a perforated low profile black pan (yet to attempt) to help keep the shape and make it easier for the guys.

These pizzas will be built in the morning at a commissary, loaded into insulted Cambro's, delivered to units through-out the city that morning.

Please let me know what you think. I very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
Re: Staging Topped pizzas for service
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:16:09 PM »
I'm not sure about the perforated pan idea. In 3 to 4-hours you might find that the dough is trying to flow into the perforations making the dough and crust all but impossible to separate. The one exception to this might be the Lloyd Pans Hex Disk. The perforations in these pans are smaller than on other pans which might restrict the dough from flowing into the openings. Another possibility is to place the dough onto a piece of baker's silicone paper, then you could use any pan as the paper will inhibit any dough flow into the pan openings. Lastly, an old trick that I used many years ago is to flip the formed dough skin over on the bench or on a wood peel, then use a heat gun or hair dryer to form a dry skin over the bottom of the skin, flip the skin over into you perforated pan and you have a decent chance that the dough may not flow into the openings.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

wordpress