Author Topic: I'm passionate/I'm pathetic!!  (Read 518 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
I'm passionate/I'm pathetic!!
« on: January 13, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
Yes folks, this it what it has come down to.....opening all these stupid lil pacs just so I can grate some cheese for my Chi-town thin pizza. Is that pizza passion or what?   :o

Have tried EVERYTHING at local stores...no bueno.  Today I thought, hey, why not...."scored" Galbani/Sorrento cheese but this is the only form it comes in.  God bless Wally World.  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online mitchjg

• Supporting Member
Re: I'm passionate/I'm pathetic!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 07:20:54 PM »
That is pretty pathetic  :'( and passionate.......  :chef:

I guess I would do the same............ 8)

Isn't that a picture of you on the package?
Mitch

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 07:27:15 PM »

Isn't that a picture of you on the package?

Oh stop Mitch, it's getting sort of embarrassing here....I mean, you always being jealous of me an all.  ;D

But thanks, I appreciate the compliment. But I do need a trim.  :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:28:21 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline Simple Man

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
CB,

It's not bad cheese. You may want some Kevlar gloves trying to shred that on the box grater though.  ;D
Dave

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 07:33:57 PM »
CB,

It's not bad cheese. You may want some Kevlar gloves trying to shred that on the box grater though.  ;D

No blood was shed....I palmed it!  :P

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 11:18:55 PM »
I wondered about that cheese at Wally World. Was not sure I wanted to go there, string cheese!?!. Is it any good? Maybe run it through the processor instead of grater.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:02 PM »
I wondered about that cheese at Wally World. Was not sure I wanted to go there, string cheese!?!. Is it any good? Maybe run it through the processor instead of grater.
Nick, the pencil shape gives it a 'gimmick" for the kiddies.....if you take a 1lb "block" of mozz and pull/tear on it from one of it's sides with your fingers it too will "string".  There is no special/different processing involved...all mozz...."strings"   ;)

edit;  I can't get Galbani/Sorrento in 1lb blocks around here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:27:02 PM by Chicago Bob »

Online jvp123

• Supporting Member
  • Learning and loving it!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 01:44:03 AM »
You're like a cheese junkie who just made a score.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:03:23 AM by jvp123 »
Jeff

Offline gfgman

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
Nick, the pencil shape gives it a 'gimmick" for the kiddies.....if you take a 1lb "block" of mozz and pull/tear on it from one of it's sides with your fingers it too will "string".  There is no special/different processing involved...all mozz...."strings"   ;)

edit;  I can't get Galbani/Sorrento in 1lb blocks around here.
No go at Walmart?  Galbani has a product locator on their website, but I couldn't get it to work.  My work browser might be outdated. 

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
No go at Walmart?  Galbani has a product locator on their website, but I couldn't get it to work.  My work browser might be outdated.
Nope...only Polly-blo and Great Value-less.  :(

Online mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »
Now, wait a second.  I just "googled" Durham, NC and there is a Whole Foods in that town.  They have a big selection of choices of mozzarella (at least here) including Grande.

Not cheap, but it's got to be better than opening a bunch of string cheese packages.

Is it the $, do I have the wrong town, their inventory?  What am i missing?
Mitch

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »
Sheesh...Harris Teeter Deli cheese section.

Here's a dollar off;
http://www.galbanicheese.com/our-offers/
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 02:03:12 PM »
Now, wait a second.  I just "googled" Durham, NC and there is a Whole Foods in that town.  They have a big selection of choices of mozzarella (at least here) including Grande.

Not cheap, but it's got to be better than opening a bunch of string cheese packages.

Is it the $, do I have the wrong town, their inventory?  What am i missing?

Nope, not at mine.  Ha ha!!  This is fun.  ;D    I am not fooling ya'll when I am always saying I am in the middle of pizza wasteland here.

Even the dang Whole Paycheck joint....hundreds of exotic cheese choices....maybe 2 of them are for mozz!  :-D

Mmmph may be on to something with the Harris Teeter.....that is the one store down here I don't get to often since it is quite out of the way. But I'm gonna go check them today....can't call them because these people down here never know what the hell you are talking about!  :-D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »
Sheesh...Harris Teeter Deli cheese section.

Here's a dollar off;
http://www.galbanicheese.com/our-offers/
Thanks for the cou pin.  :D

Offline Zing

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 04:49:06 AM »
A lot of supermarket chains now offering online shopping and delivery allow you to see most of what they what they have in individual stores. Harris Teeter has such a feature and see they have 4 stores in the Durham Area. From HT's home page, click on ExpressLane online shopping. I get these hits for the store at Commons at University Place. The first is the one pound block of whole milk, the second is for part skim.

https://shop.harristeeter.com/store/4FA6804#/product/sku/074030000033

https://shop.harristeeter.com/store/4FA6804#/product/sku/074030000040

If you drill down to Dairy and then Mozzarella, you will see they stock 5 Galbani/Sorrento cheeses. The one without a picture, UPC 074030818225, is the same as the fresh mozzarella, but sliced. It is made for people who eat mozzarella with salads, etc. Tried it on pizza once. Not it.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 01:27:41 PM »
A lot of supermarket chains now offering online shopping and delivery allow you to see most of what they what they have in individual stores. Harris Teeter has such a feature and see they have 4 stores in the Durham Area. From HT's home page, click on ExpressLane online shopping. I get these hits for the store at Commons at University Place. The first is the one pound block of whole milk, the second is for part skim.

https://shop.harristeeter.com/store/4FA6804#/product/sku/074030000033

https://shop.harristeeter.com/store/4FA6804#/product/sku/074030000040

If you drill down to Dairy and then Mozzarella, you will see they stock 5 Galbani/Sorrento cheeses. The one without a picture, UPC 074030818225, is the same as the fresh mozzarella, but sliced. It is made for people who eat mozzarella with salads, etc. Tried it on pizza once. Not it.

Thank you Zing....I saw that the other day but thought it looked like they were wanting me to "register" in order to search their products. Now I know better, thanks.

The store at the Commons is my closest one too....have you ever tried Cabot shred mozz Zing?

Offline Zing

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »
Yes, I have tried the Cabot plastic bag shredded mozzarella in both whole milk and part skim versions. It is mostly sold in the Northeast. However, I am not sure Cabot makes the cheese. The markings look like Schreiber at least shredded and packed it. The Cabot Coop, part of AgriMark operates in several New England states and New York. They have a butter plant in Massachusetts that turns out a fine product. They only talk about the cheddars they won awards for.

I was not bowled over by this cheese. I found it very similar to other retail shredded mozzarellas such as Sorrento, Sargento, Kraft, and even Kraft's Polly-O brand:
http://ap.grocerydirect.com/pd/PollyO/Whole-Milk-Shredded-Low-Moisture-Mozzarella-Cheese/8-oz/071040063089/

However, YMMV.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 09:56:46 PM »

Shucks.  >:(

I trust your judgement....you are our cheese guru!  :D

pizzapan