Author Topic: Dusting - Domino's yellow color flour?  (Read 7549 times)

Offline Ganesh Kumar

Dusting - Domino's yellow color flour?
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:18:08 AM »
Hi,
 I saw a video where a Domino's guy dusts his pizza with a yellow color flour. Is that a combination of corn flour and semolina? Or what exactly is that?

regards
Ganesh Kumar

Offline Jet_deck

Re: Dusting - Domino's yellow color flour?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Ganesh Kumar

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »
Thanks, but my cornflour is always white. Any idea how to get that yellow color ? btw,corn flour and corn meal are same or different?

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »
I saw a video where a Domino's guy dusts his pizza with a yellow color flour. Is that a combination of corn flour and semolina? Or what exactly is that?

Ganesh,

If you to to http://www.dominos.com/pages/ingredients.jsp and click on Hand Tossed Crust, you will see that corn meal is used in the preparation of the Domino's pizzas. That is in the U.S.

Peter

EDIT (4/20/14): For a substitute link for the above Domino's document, see the Domino’s 2010 Ingredients and Nutrition Guide at http://cache.dominos.com/express012900/pdf/dominos_nutrition_v2.30.00.pdf

Offline Ganesh Kumar

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 10:50:35 PM »
Thanks Peter. I think I am using almost the same type of corn-meal that Domino's uses.

But my pizza is always white in color (especially the bottom near centre )  - no matter how many minutes I cook.

--
Ganesh Kumar

Offline Neapolitan

• Too much truth for one day.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 12:28:17 AM »
Ganesh, Cornmeal and Corn flour are two different things. In India it is called Makki. Mainly used in Northern Indian dishes like Makki ki roti from makki ka atta.
It is a late reply and I just came across it now but I feel that other members who maybe confused might find this helpful.

Offline DustinA

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
Thanks Peter. I think I am using almost the same type of corn-meal that Domino's uses.

But my pizza is always white in color (especially the bottom near centre )  - no matter how many minutes I cook.

--
Ganesh Kumar

Hi Ganesh,
  You will get better browning in your crust if you adjust your sugar levels or do an olive oil wash around the edges before baking.  Adding the cornmeal is done for texture rather than color.  Those that use deck ovens occasionally use it as well, but only so the pizza doesn't get stuck to the peel.

pizzapan