Author Topic: Craig's Neapolitan Garage  (Read 149905 times)

Offline csafranek

Re: Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #1560 on: March 24, 2014, 10:41:18 PM »
Feeling good Billy Ray.

Looking good Louis!

Didn't check my post before saving!!!  :-D :-D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:45:54 PM by csafranek »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1561 on: March 24, 2014, 10:42:45 PM »
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1562 on: March 25, 2014, 06:26:31 PM »
Beautiful as always - I guess I didn't miss tooooo much being away from the forum for a few months.  The sweet combo needs something else or I find it too dry and not complementary of the crust - I usually do the butter/sugar/cinnamon topping with bananas, and it's delicious that way.  But you know what would be even better?  Butter/sugar/cinnamon with fresh slices of PINEAPPLE!  Hey, know anyone with good pineapples so you could try that?   :P  And yes, I DO know how you feel about pineapple on pizza, but in a sweet context?   Ooooh, drizzled with rum, or even better, macerated in rum (with brown sugar too?) for a few hours before topping the pizza?  Maybe add a little vanilla bean, too. 

I know what I am making next pizza night....  ::)

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1563 on: March 25, 2014, 09:28:04 PM »
Beautiful as always - I guess I didn't miss tooooo much being away from the forum for a few months.  The sweet combo needs something else or I find it too dry and not complementary of the crust - I usually do the butter/sugar/cinnamon topping with bananas, and it's delicious that way.  But you know what would be even better?  Butter/sugar/cinnamon with fresh slices of PINEAPPLE!  Hey, know anyone with good pineapples so you could try that?   :P  And yes, I DO know how you feel about pineapple on pizza, but in a sweet context?   Ooooh, drizzled with rum, or even better, macerated in rum (with brown sugar too?) for a few hours before topping the pizza?  Maybe add a little vanilla bean, too. 

I know what I am making next pizza night....  ::)

You know, I might actually consider pineapple on a desert pie...

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1564 on: March 25, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »
Hi Craig, pies look stunning as always. Why do you say that range is your preference, what would 3-4% more hydration have in terms of effect in final dough? Also what about salt, what would increasing salt from 3% to 5% have on final products.

The dough is a bit easier to work with at 60ish% and if anything, at sub-60sec bake times, I like the texture of the slightly less hydrated crust better.

Taking the salt to 5% would make it borderline inedible, IMO. I can go 3%, but I prefer 2.8%. Over 3%, and it gets out of balance.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1565 on: April 02, 2014, 12:10:49 PM »
You know, I might actually consider pineapple on a desert pie...

Good to see you baking again, Craig! Seems the $hi++y weather was not unique to SE NC.

If you're going to do a pineapple pie could you do me a favor and make it with a madeira reduction applied post-bake? I still remember (from 1986) having pineapple in madeira  when I was in Portugal.

I don't think it would be good without super-excellent pineapples, and we just don't have anything remotely close here.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

John K

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1566 on: April 13, 2014, 09:11:02 PM »
Good to see you baking again, Craig! Seems the $hi++y weather was not unique to SE NC.

If you're going to do a pineapple pie could you do me a favor and make it with a madeira reduction applied post-bake? I still remember (from 1986) having pineapple in madeira  when I was in Portugal.

I don't think it would be good without super-excellent pineapples, and we just don't have anything remotely close here.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

John K

About the only thing that might actually get me to put pineapple on a pizza is if you were going to come eat it with me.  ;D

pizzapan