Author Topic: The Entire Pizza Making Process I use at the Garage  (Read 52300 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: The Entire Pizza Making Process I use at the Garage
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »
I know Craig you seem to do most of yours at 24 + 24, with a cool ferment, so you have zeroed in on an optimal time for best taste and handling.  I don't doubt this for a minute. The spreadsheet however shows that a less than 24 hour lead time is achievable and at pretty close to room temperatures, with a 9 percent or so starter. I assume because this range remains within the green cells that it performs to an acceptable standard. I assume it is subpar relative to lower starter percentages, longer cooler ferments, but as long as it still tastes like sourdough I am cool with that.

The green simply indicates that is the range of time-temp-% that I'm most confident in accuracy wise. It's not a judgement on the quality of the end product.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline skipreid45

• It's always Pizza Night
Re: The Entire Pizza Making Process I use at the Garage
« Reply #261 on: Yesterday at 11:39:31 AM »
Craig I used your sauce recipe yesterday. I have previously used Cento San Marz tomatoes. I agree with you now. I also like
the taste of the Cento Italian tomatoes on a pizza better than the San Marz. Thanks for the tip.

pizzapan