The pizza I agree are stunning! I think Santa will need a few extra reindeer, but I hope that forno piccolo falls off his sled for you!
Dear John, thank you for the sentiment! I'll make sure to leave some milk and fresh cookies by the fireplace for Santa. Happy holidays!
Great looking pies. I was wondering if you are indeed thinking about purchasing a WFO, What different companies are you looking at and why? Appreciate the insight in advance.
Dear Scot, my gratitudes! Yes, I have been entertaining the thought of purchasing a wood-fired oven. As you are already a wood-fueled oven owner, you are cognizant that this is an elaborate subject matter. Hence, please allow me to be very brief.
I am considering to buy a Forno Piccolo
(by Forno Classico) for the following reasons:
1) In terms of dimension or oven size, I can't be picky since I do not own my own house. The house that I am currently renting has an unpaved outdoor area on the back with a fiberglass roofing that adjoins all the walls. There is poor ventilation, and my landlord is not conducive to any structural modifications. Due to these limitations, amongst others, I am limited to a small size oven, such as the Forno Piccolo
, as shown in my previous post.
2) In terms of materials, I prefer specialized bricks as opposed to molded cement. It appears that bricks have thermal properties that are generally more instrumental toward baking. In addition, since a general problem with a small size wood-fired oven is the floor's (as oppose to the dome's) heat retention, Forno Piccolo uses certain type of material on the floor that alleviates the issue.
3) In terms of craftsmanship, I appreciate the fact that Forno Piccolo is hand-made
, brick by brick. (See the picture hereunder.)
4) Forno Piccolo is mobile and self-contained, meaning that it does not need an enclosure. It is fully insulated (2 inches) all the way around.
5) At last, the price is reasonable for a "hand-made" oven. And, when I empirically tested the Piccolo, I enjoyed the results.
If I owned my own house, I would have opted for one of the following ovens:http://www.mastroernestoforni.com/http://www.sfallestimenti.it/home2.htmhttp://www.forniartigiani.com/
Have a great day, and happy holidays!