Author Topic: VPN. IS IT WORTH IT?????  (Read 153 times)

Offline OHIOWOODFIRE

• I Love Pizza!
VPN. IS IT WORTH IT?????
« on: April 15, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »
Just wanted to see what you guys have to think about it.  Does it help business. Bring customers??  So besides getting a piece of paper.  Does it have any other additional perks to it.?????

Offline OHIOWOODFIRE

• I Love Pizza!
Re: VPN. IS IT WORTH IT?????
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:33:13 PM »
Getting certified.  That is....

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
Re: VPN. IS IT WORTH IT?????
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »
I would guess it depends on if your area is deep into food.  I live in Granville Ohio and run a bakery/pizzeria in Newark Ohio in the tradition I grew up with in the Newark NJ/NYC area.  People here are not that driven by food.  It is more something you have to do instead of inspired to do.  Price and quantity drive the bus vs. quality.  I am not making a slight on the people here but it is just totally different than where I have lived to date (also lived in austin tx, san francisco/sonoma county ca, brussels belguim).  The places I have lived to this point were insane about great food and the passion sustained a vibrant food culture.  Here it is more can reheat, frozen, bland, high fat, low quality, foods.  We have had lots of great press lately but it really doesn't amount to much in passionate foodies coming our way because there aren't many here.  Adam Kuban of slice did a wonderful piece on us recently. I bet not a soul in our county even knows it exists.  We got lots of positive feedback from around the globe but nothing  locally.  We will be having a story on the channel 10 news @ 6pm out of columbus on the 30th along with an in studio interview after it airs.  We also are having an article in the May PMQ pizza magazine. I wonder if that stuff will create any interest (from columbus foodies 40 miles due west) more than what we have developed to this point which has been just a mouth to mouth eating of our stuff that has led to local word of mouth which has kept us running at capacity :)  I have been deeply moved by all the support we have gotten from the media and individuals around the world that are highly respected in food circles but I figure living out here there is no need to pay to get any fancy tags on the wall because the locals don't follow such stuff. Good food will penetrate all obsticles! I hope that helped some.  Walter

I do miss the world of intense food culture in selfish ways -like eating out-  I can eat any food I want and it will be great. 

I have to share we are located in Newark High School, have no direct phone line, building is locked and you have to buzz and be seen on camera to get in, only open school hours/school days/closed for summer and all school holidays, no delivery, only 1 size pie (18") with only cheese or pepperoni options, have to order at least a day in advance to be guaranteed a pizza, and it is run by special needs students. 

I just saw I have an email for an order of 10 pizzas for tomorrow.  That touches me that people will go that far out of their way to use us. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:05:29 PM by waltertore »
The Smiling With Hope Bakery- A bakery with a purpose
http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20140124/NEWS01/301240031/Bakery-run-by-students-disabilities-earns-pizza-profile

Spontobeat- the spontaneous music concept I have created and how I spontaneously live my life   http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137 200 of my most current songs http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137&content=widgets

pizzapan