Author Topic: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !  (Read 87470 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »
Congrats on all your success John!  It's a lot of fun for us to see your pictures and progress.  Keep up the good work. 

Chau

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2011, 11:29:34 PM »
The food looks outragiously terrific.  I can't imagine how much fun it must be.  Thanks for the update, I always enjoy pictures of your gigs. :chef:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Tman1

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2011, 09:23:54 AM »
I'm just wondering what percentage's your using?  I've found the yeast at the restaurant/bakery to be more potent, so I've already gone done to 0.75-1% when using it.  I know you mentioned at some point that you do a 2-day ferment, so I'm just curious what you do.  The bakery is really busy right now with apple orchard stuff, so I'm trying to stay out of the way as much as possible.  A 2 day ferment would allow me to make dough on Thursday, which is a slightly slower day for them.

I guess I should add me method.
100% of the water, about 75-80% of the flour.. slight mix to incorporate and let autolyse for at least 30 minutes. Add the rest of the flour, yeast and salt, and let it mix for about 7-10 minutes. Bulk rise at least overnight in the fridge, then divide & re-ball (usually in the morning), back into the fridge... take out a couple hours prior to use.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:27:02 AM by Tman1 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2011, 12:44:01 PM »
Chau - Thanks!! I dont want anyone to be tired of the gig pics, but we see enough pizza on here to last a good long time. Thats what the forums here for. I learned more by site than anything and how I learned to produce a decent (my opinion only) Neapolitan style Pizza. so I encourage everyone to post pics often top and bottom, and anything inbetween ;D

JD- the food was amazing the fish had a citrus marinade that was crazy good! and the lamb was to die for! not a little chop either  4 huge pieces like tenderloin.

TM- I use about .2% IDY not sure what yeast was in this dough but not the same texture or finish  as mine for sure. Why cant you just bring the IDY  and ask em to use it? its come a long way now and I find it so consistent, +  a whole bag of SAF is $2.78! enough for MEGA pies! The 2 days is more about flavor and texture I really prefer it over 12-24 hrs total. My opinion only, is its a better dough all around after 2 days. Scott does similar but takes it our 3-4 day with amazing results
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You've got life by the balls, John. Cheers!
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Tman1

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
I don't have to use their yeast, but it does seem easier since they have plenty of it. I figured if I ran out sometime, I'd be using it somewhere down the line, so I thought I should just embrace it.  I asked them to order me up some pizzeria flour (they are supplying/paying for ingredients), and today found a bag of Tipo 00 sitting there waiting for me.   ;D    I guess I'm going to find out what 00 can do.... never used it before. They told me Friday is okay for making the dough, but maybe I'll still bring it back a little on yeast. If I lower it, I should probably allow for more time out of the fridge to get up to snuff?  (We haven't had rain in weeks (not as bad as Texas, Iknow), but this Saturday's forecast has a 30% chance...  :(

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
John, That's just outrageously, excellently awesome!  :chef:

Offline Matthew

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »
Way to go Johnny boy!

Matt

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
 john, what a wonderful event. please do not stop your pictures or your event details.I'm sure this group would be very disappointed. i know i would be.this last event must have been exciting and working with peter you learned a lot. keep the reports coming.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
EV- thanks when are you going to come help out ???
Matt - thanks as allways comments mean a lot and your new venture is giving me hope as well
Larry - ok I will keep posting  yes the event was a ton of fun! and all about what these oven can do beside pizza , and yes I did learn a bit love to learn! Its also nice to have comments from the professional chefs that they really loved the pizza as well. sStill not sure what the comment on the rail extenders less work was about (reply #117) there is a cover on the table that I put down? maybe you can clarify? Hows your event schedule looking?
ok so 1st semi street fair this week columbus day weekend Sunday 12-8 whew! and at the same time yeah ha lets do it! oh, and I had a request already for a company christmas party ! hey why not ?
Thanks everyone
John
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:36:26 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
John,  I'd love to, but you gotta let me know before the event, not after:-D

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »
 john sorry i didn't explain the bar adapters better. you can put adapter bars in your rail opening that will hold all of you toppings at the the top of the opening.  your ingredients will stay cold and the system will not have to work as hard.example of the rails http://www.restaurantsource.com/update-international--flatware/kitchen-utensils/adapter-bars/ProdDesc-AB-20N-36804.aspx

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »
I have them inside, you are speaking of all the way on top of the unit will then need differnt pans as well no?only have to reach in about 5 inches?

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2011, 07:58:48 PM »
 john, i am going to send you few. you are the GI king. you need theses!!!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2011, 08:40:20 PM »
 a picture will clarify.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »
OK think I see what you mean now storage trays come up to top, but you can see its not all that bad of a reach in? I measured and its only like 13 1/2 " opening at top of unit and only like 2-3" down front and back
thanks Larry
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:20:40 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2011, 09:06:40 PM »
Very Nice. Congrats John. I like to be able to do something like that but my dayjob takes too much time from me. Meanwhile I just do family events in AOP (www.arecibooceanfrontparadise.com) in a regular oven. However the owner of the place is looking to install a WFO or something of that sort. Here some pictures of the last event... A special slice for this little guy. The face is worthed a million words.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
Hello Again! It was a Columbus day street festival !smaller scale than the crazy big ones so a good trail It was in East Rutherford (home town to Vesta pizzeria ) so he helped me out and he got some great exposure as well A great setting right in front of band stand. (big white stage in Background) A great Italian band blasting the classics an a beautiful day made for a really great setting. We had 3 helpers for this event and did about 160 pizzas from 12:30 to 7:00 pm you can see a few trays by the prep station it was Margheritas only nothin fancy
1st one of this type and hard work 12 hr leave home to back home. you can see in the first few pics How I Was able to get my baby up on the curb using a ramp crank up the levelers remove the tongue and meet the strict 10 ft out from curb rule ! This would have been Impossible with any side mount or larger trailer so again bigger is not allways better did 3 at a time with experienced help on the stick. I also passed all HD /fire inspections.  ;D
John
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:36:24 PM by JConk007 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
Here we are rockin and rolling  ;D few people milling about The NY Giants were in town and this was day 2 of festival so I was told slower than Saturday ? Next year?? Would I do it again ? YES! and also gonna find a Nice Pumkin Patch / orchard to camp out in for October. My real frinds showed up on stage also! I go away next week so its just about a wrap for the year guys. :'(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:40:28 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2011, 12:51:45 AM »
Looks great John.  Take a break, you deserve it.  But don't stop posting pictures!
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends