Author Topic: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !  (Read 83605 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
FLIRTING WITH FIRE !
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »
Announcing a new "Mobile Wood Fired Catering Experience" Flirting With FireSo I have Really done this, its official, and buckle your seat belts it is Taking off !! I grabbed the Name from Pizza Police when someone else was looking for a mobile name and they did not take it. Something about Fire and flirting that allways interested me  >:D
After hanging around here for 6+ years and working with my home WFO I have developed a passion for producing, serving and eating  ;) Neapolitan pizza. My logo is "Bringing Pizza to the People" I know I have heard it and its probably around here somewhere? but who cares. I also use "We're Fired" on my card.
I do not posses the intimate knowledge of many of the members here, and the countless new members like PizzaNeapoletana,  nor do I claim to be any kind of Master but I know based on the reviews the product is definitely edible :P
After doing 3-4 paid demos for my friend who is selling those barrel ovens and people begging for cards and More pizza, and pushing me to go for it. I decided to give it a go. I am not giving up my Day Job ! I have paid for the equipment and that allows me to do what I want when I want. Its meant to be a small business, focused on private catering and special events. I do not want to do huge 2000 people festivals although the money would be nice its just too much work! After doing it for a month now I realize How much work it is just to do a 40 person Party, and I do not want to sacrifice quality for $$ profit (I know yet) No premade skins, par bales or rolling pins .... Like a Mini PF Taylor I am doing it all myself for now ( up to 25 no problem) and with 1 helper if needed.
As other mobile operators have mentioned its really a lot of fun ! Everybody is allways in the party mood and So many questions, and so much information to share. Fire Brings Friends together! Its great to hear in the background "oh my god this is soo good!" or " Hey you gotta try this one" or like most other woodies here "this is the best pizza I have ever had" Honestly this is why I am doing it. I love it! so why not get paid!
Anyway I will keep my posts on events and info here if OK with the moderators, and I thank everybody for the info thy have shared over the years. It Works! This is such a great Place.

I researched mobile ovens for months and came up with a local builder Peter de Jong at Fired Up Kitchens and he built an an oven that I can get into back yards, pool parties, but really kicks !@#$%#  when you crank it up! The oven has  40" hearth room and plenty for 3 if need be. I dream of a  48" hearth someday but I really like what I have for now.
Here the pics I have been taking. more to follow as we begin the journey!
John
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:47:54 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline selprop

Re: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:42:32 PM »
John,

Much success on your new business adventure, :chef:

Congrats,

Mark

PaulsPizza

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »
I wish you the very best John!

Paul

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:20:06 PM »
Congratulations and have fun!  The trailer looks awesome.

Scott D.

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:26:51 PM »
nice John!  best of luck with it.  i look forward to hearing how it goes. 
bill

Offline trosenberg

• Burning Desire for Pizza
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 07:37:28 PM »
Looks great!  Best of Luck.
Trosenberg

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 07:51:58 PM »
You are living the dream, John!

John

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »
John,

Don't sell yourself short. You are one of the forum's masters. Good luck in your new venture. I'm sure the psychic rewards will be substantial. Maybe real money will follow.

Peter

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »
Super, super cool, John. It's sure to be a big success.

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »
That's a great looking set up and the perfect way to run a pizza business.
No rent, no overhead, and you open when you want to.
The boss looks like a nice enough guy.
Good luck !
Perry

Online Jackie Tran

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 08:59:27 PM »
Congrats John!   Good luck on your new venture.  That looks like a super sweet setup.  I'm sooooo envious!  Enjoy buddy!  We are all rooting for you!

Chau

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 09:06:50 PM »
Congrats John.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »
Way to go Johnny boy!  I'm happy that you finally came out of the closet!

Matt

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 10:27:25 PM »
THANK YOU ALL! For your good wishes. Its gonna be a great summer for sure, and I am very happy with the way its taking off so quickly just by word of mouth. Right now I have a Parties Booked for July 2, July 16th, July 17th,August 13th, and several others who promised they would be picking a day soon! Very cool .The first round of pictures were my Phone Camera pics here are a few with a real camera for web or emailblast. The one you can see the "other oven " in the back ground she is quite jealous  :'( of her new big brother. I keep thinking who has 2 Wood fired ovens? am I nuts? Is this for real?
The oven sets up quick and easy, I have a dolly for under the trailer ball to wheel it around (3 people)and the 4 corner jacks level and raise it up to a height that works well for me. The wood is stored in front, enough for 3 parties and there is a nice size storage area under for all the other goodies you carry along for the setup. The tongue also comes right out, so if space is tight people are not walking into it. I burned for several hours at 800 + and you can just place you hand anywhere on the oven warm if that to the touch so he's well insulated indeed 4 layers of Blanket!
One thing I really need, and hoping some of you computer wizzes (many on this forum) can help me out, is a web Page ASAP. My email is Doughlicious@hotmail.com corny but cute, However  I have no Web site which so many request these days. My time is becoming a bit short already I am more than happy to pay for this service if there is anyone that can help out or point me in the right direction. To start I would like just a simple one pager with some bullet points and pics, maybe short menu. Also a link to simple calender so people can see where I am and what is available would be nice.
Thanks again everbody !
John
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:13:29 AM by JConk007 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 11:33:17 PM »
John,

Congratulations!  Your set-up and name for your business are really cool!  ;D

Best of luck!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Tman1

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
Congrats!  I sent you an email with a name for the website and logo.

Offline WestCountry

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 12:23:56 AM »
John,
Congrats on the new venture...you will ROCK IT!

by the way- those pans you got me are awesome...still using them regularly (mostly for 'home run inn' style thin crust)  :)

Chris

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 12:35:01 AM »
-Thanks Chris Thats what I use them for as well great for that cracker crust style.
You are TheMan for sending info but I dont see it on any email or PM ? I do Thank you!
John

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »
Congrats!  I think you should consider a coast-to-coast tour.  That way we can all see it in person.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
John, good luck with your new buisness you are going to do great!! Your passion will not allow anything but your best. I have had great success with cambro catering boxes for my dough. I also have one to use on the make table for ingrediants . How are you handling dough managment?

pizzapan