Author Topic: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !  (Read 93111 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »
week off next week ! vacation ! yea ha. go eat pizza prepared by someone else on Hilton Head Island
there is a good WFO place there but no Neapolitan anywhere close ?? hmm ??? ???
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2011, 07:32:45 AM »
You are like a superhero to me! Does it ever rain on your gigs? :-D
Enjoy your vacation!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2011, 07:58:17 AM »
I have a good connection   :angel: Come to think of it only 2 event raining lightly when I got there it stopped. Very lucky so far. sure I will get burned sooner or later by high Hydradtion  :-D
John
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:24:39 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2011, 08:02:48 AM »
Well, I wish you continued good luck in that aspect.
Ya know, I could use a friend who makes it stop raining wherever he goes!  :-D

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »
I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed your adventures. If I was a young man, it's something I would love to try. I do have a question, since you are located in the colder parts of the US. What do you do in the " off season"?  I guess what I am asking is if there are any events you can cover when it gets colder? Maybe it's  time to tweak, if necessary, and rest.
Just curious, Marty

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »
Marty ,
Thanks for the kind words ! Only thing is whos the young man? I am fast approaching the half century mark! anyway yes it was a fun summer! Not much going on in the northern winter months. May have a request for a christmas party but depends on weather.also found a few hoiliday fairs markets I can do next year.  I am planning to go a bit bigger next year. With the exception of balling I found its just as much work to do 50 dough balls as it is 150. I now have a commercial fridge so btween that and the prep table I shoul d be good for 250 + dough balls for street fairs ... we will see. I will continue to tweak yes and research I also have been resaerching a fork mixer which will allow me to save some time back and forth with the dough. I missed my earthstone so sunday at nearly 65 degrees+ I fired up and cooked some neo neopolitan with the oven in the low 700'S pics below

Thank you all again for the positive comments through out the year, and I am  glad many others have thought about or actually taken the steps to go Mobile. I wish them the best.  I have a ways to go yet , and my goal is to put out some of those Garage pies like Craig or the P-70'S  like John D . I gotta just keep on trying.
Gobble gobble   ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:47:36 PM by JConk007 »

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »
Wow John, having so much going on I totally missed this while it was happening! 
Too cool to say the least.  Pies, oven and setup look top of the line and indeed you look like a happy camper.
Another pizzamakingdotcomer goes pro!
Way to go Chef John!
Hog

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2011, 01:51:25 PM »
Thanks Hog !
ReallyI thinks its just semi pro ? but having fun trying. Hope 2012 will be even better.
John

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »
ITS A GIRL!!  :-* At least I think so? sleek and sexy, shiny an new! Very exciting too!
Yes I am speaking of my new Mecnosud Fork Mixer She has arrived home after some wheeling and dealing and teaming up with the zaman larry (who also took ownership of one of these beauties) I picked her up at the warehouse and gently lifter her from the truck bed with my friends fork lift ( flashbacks Craig?) It weighed in at 375 pounds including the custom metal pallet. Its an FC35M model and perfect for what I need. Not as pricey and easier to get than the Pietro Berto but a well built machine for sure! I just need an Stephano  in the Garage but who would be crazy enough to do that right?. As mentioned many times, Frank at Vesta was more than gracious allowing me to mix all my dough last year with his diving arm mixer. Going to be very hard to beat that Machine and dough quality. However- time is money and schlepping 30 min each way sometimes waiting for the mixer to become available.... 2-3 hours total to make at times only 60 dough balls was eating me up. So after months of research I ended up with what I think is a BEAUTIFUL Machine. Its single phase electric for USA . Aside from a different plug, all I needed was a standard 220V outlet with 20 amp breaker which I had in place already. I Must admit, I was a bit nervous "cutting the cord" to replace the European plug, but was simple, and I am up and running!  ;D The forecast is for good weather and Fire  >:D so I Immediately made a batch of dough today. I was so worried about how it would work with smaller batches. Did 8500 G flour and 5275 G water for my test run. Mixer performed  Beautiful!! Max is said to be 23kg dry flour which I think would be pushing it? Jay J, at IL Cane Rosso also runs this identical mixer stated it was abit small for him now, He was very helpful in my decision Thanks Jay! I will post a few videos and pics later on. for now welcome Jessabell (sounds Italian right?)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:52:53 PM by JConk007 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jessabell!  ;D John, she sure is a beauty!  Congrats on purchasing your gem.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2011, 09:42:12 AM »
I'll bet Santa was glad to get the sleigh 375 lbs lighter.  ;D
Nice purchase.
Marty

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2011, 09:53:31 AM »
She looks great John. I can't wait to see the video. :D
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
Welcome to the family Jess. I'm sure you will be loved.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2011, 11:01:35 AM »
 john,how does your wife like her Christmas present. :chef:

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »
Nice mixer John, good decision on the 35kg. Any chance we can get a video of it in action? ;D

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2011, 01:03:08 PM »
john,  you feel that 35 kg.of flour will stress the machine?? you did 8500 yes? which is about 50 balls. do you think it can handle a 100 ball batch??

Offline Matthew

« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »
john,  you feel that 35 kg.of flour will stress the machine?? you did 8500 yes? which is about 50 balls. do you think it can handle a 100 ball batch??

Larry,
It will do 100 with ease, I do 125-130 in the Piertoberto 35.
Merry Christmas.

Matt
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 02:35:48 PM by Matthew »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »
Larry,
35kg  is the total batch amount. Very strong machine. Think everything would be allover before you would strain this bad boy! I will put up a video asap. Mom thinks I have lost my mind of course. But been around long enough she does understand my passion.
Spec says 23 kg dry flour max. Jay has said that he does 16 kg dry flour batches so that should be I the 90 - 100 ball range no problem.
Dough is looking really nice right now after 12 hrs. @ 50 degrees  12 hr. @ room rise baking at 5:30 pm have 50 dough balls , anyone want a pizza!
John And Jess

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »
Another addition to the Garage  ;D
So I have this killer mixer now,and an ability to whip up 100+ dough balls with ease. With that said, and that fact I would like to do a few bigger events, I needed storage.  I have been looking for months for a fridge that would hold a full size dough box, and became interested in The Artctic air 22 CF after being Patient and not wanting to spend $1300+ on a new one. I waited and watched quite a few go by, and bingo I found one less than 1 year old  in Wysox PA a 3 hr drive for me but worked out fine (very cheap)  over the holidays. cleanned her up and shes in mint condition.
Here she is " Franny" the Commercial fridge. Jess is thrilled with her new sister too!  I am thinking this will easily hold 12 trays (144 dough balls) + all the sauces and many other ingredients on top. So with this space  and the prep table 100+ balls if I squeeze in a few artisan trays. I am hoping  to do 250 balls for a street fair or something. I think thats all I want to push out in 1 day anyway. The other plus is I can make like 120-30 balls in the mixer and do back to back smaller parties 50-60 pies with ease.
John
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:47:07 PM by JConk007 »

scott123

« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
That's really nice, John.  I measured my home refrigerator for tray worthiness last year- it's about a quarter inch too short.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but just in case you're not, those trays can be very insulating.  That's why most pizzeria operators cross stack them during the first part of the chilling phase. With your fork mixer producing a much cooler dough, you may not need cross stacking, but, if you can, try not to stack them 12 high, and, rather, use the shelves to stack bunches of 3 or 4, with some air around them.

Another thing to consider is that, when you add a lot of food to refrigerators, they take a much longer time to chill it, so a 144 ball batch is going to take longer to chill and thus ferment faster than a 60 ball batch. One of the really nice things about pizzeria 00 flour, as you've seen, is that, without the enzymes from the malt, you get a nice long useability window, so I don't think this will mess with you much, but it's something to be aware of.

pizzapan