Author Topic: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !  (Read 127371 times)

Offline Tman1

Re: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
I don't have to use their yeast, but it does seem easier since they have plenty of it. I figured if I ran out sometime, I'd be using it somewhere down the line, so I thought I should just embrace it.  I asked them to order me up some pizzeria flour (they are supplying/paying for ingredients), and today found a bag of Tipo 00 sitting there waiting for me.   ;D    I guess I'm going to find out what 00 can do.... never used it before. They told me Friday is okay for making the dough, but maybe I'll still bring it back a little on yeast. If I lower it, I should probably allow for more time out of the fridge to get up to snuff?  (We haven't had rain in weeks (not as bad as Texas, Iknow), but this Saturday's forecast has a 30% chance...  :(

Offline Ev

« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
John, That's just outrageously, excellently awesome!  :chef:

Offline Matthew

• Supporting Member
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »
Way to go Johnny boy!

Matt

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
 john, what a wonderful event. please do not stop your pictures or your event details.I'm sure this group would be very disappointed. i know i would be.this last event must have been exciting and working with peter you learned a lot. keep the reports coming.

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
EV- thanks when are you going to come help out ???
Matt - thanks as allways comments mean a lot and your new venture is giving me hope as well
Larry - ok I will keep posting  yes the event was a ton of fun! and all about what these oven can do beside pizza , and yes I did learn a bit love to learn! Its also nice to have comments from the professional chefs that they really loved the pizza as well. sStill not sure what the comment on the rail extenders less work was about (reply #117) there is a cover on the table that I put down? maybe you can clarify? Hows your event schedule looking?
ok so 1st semi street fair this week columbus day weekend Sunday 12-8 whew! and at the same time yeah ha lets do it! oh, and I had a request already for a company christmas party ! hey why not ?
Thanks everyone
John
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:36:26 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Ev

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
John,  I'd love to, but you gotta let me know before the event, not after:-D

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »
 john sorry i didn't explain the bar adapters better. you can put adapter bars in your rail opening that will hold all of you toppings at the the top of the opening.  your ingredients will stay cold and the system will not have to work as hard.example of the rails http://www.restaurantsource.com/update-international--flatware/kitchen-utensils/adapter-bars/ProdDesc-AB-20N-36804.aspx

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »
I have them inside, you are speaking of all the way on top of the unit will then need differnt pans as well no?only have to reach in about 5 inches?

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2011, 07:58:48 PM »
 john, i am going to send you few. you are the GI king. you need theses!!!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2011, 08:40:20 PM »
 a picture will clarify.

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »
OK think I see what you mean now storage trays come up to top, but you can see its not all that bad of a reach in? I measured and its only like 13 1/2 " opening at top of unit and only like 2-3" down front and back
thanks Larry
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:20:40 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2011, 09:06:40 PM »
Very Nice. Congrats John. I like to be able to do something like that but my dayjob takes too much time from me. Meanwhile I just do family events in AOP (www.arecibooceanfrontparadise.com) in a regular oven. However the owner of the place is looking to install a WFO or something of that sort. Here some pictures of the last event... A special slice for this little guy. The face is worthed a million words.

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
Hello Again! It was a Columbus day street festival !smaller scale than the crazy big ones so a good trail It was in East Rutherford (home town to Vesta pizzeria ) so he helped me out and he got some great exposure as well A great setting right in front of band stand. (big white stage in Background) A great Italian band blasting the classics an a beautiful day made for a really great setting. We had 3 helpers for this event and did about 160 pizzas from 12:30 to 7:00 pm you can see a few trays by the prep station it was Margheritas only nothin fancy
1st one of this type and hard work 12 hr leave home to back home. you can see in the first few pics How I Was able to get my baby up on the curb using a ramp crank up the levelers remove the tongue and meet the strict 10 ft out from curb rule ! This would have been Impossible with any side mount or larger trailer so again bigger is not allways better did 3 at a time with experienced help on the stick. I also passed all HD /fire inspections.  ;D
John
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:36:24 PM by JConk007 »

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
Here we are rockin and rolling  ;D few people milling about The NY Giants were in town and this was day 2 of festival so I was told slower than Saturday ? Next year?? Would I do it again ? YES! and also gonna find a Nice Pumkin Patch / orchard to camp out in for October. My real frinds showed up on stage also! I go away next week so its just about a wrap for the year guys. :'(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:40:28 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2011, 12:51:45 AM »
Looks great John.  Take a break, you deserve it.  But don't stop posting pictures!
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »
week off next week ! vacation ! yea ha. go eat pizza prepared by someone else on Hilton Head Island
there is a good WFO place there but no Neapolitan anywhere close ?? hmm ??? ???

Offline Ev

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2011, 07:32:45 AM »
You are like a superhero to me! Does it ever rain on your gigs? :-D
Enjoy your vacation!

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2011, 07:58:17 AM »
I have a good connection   :angel: Come to think of it only 2 event raining lightly when I got there it stopped. Very lucky so far. sure I will get burned sooner or later by high Hydradtion  :-D
John
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:24:39 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Ev

« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2011, 08:02:48 AM »
Well, I wish you continued good luck in that aspect.
Ya know, I could use a friend who makes it stop raining wherever he goes!  :-D

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »
I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed your adventures. If I was a young man, it's something I would love to try. I do have a question, since you are located in the colder parts of the US. What do you do in the " off season"?  I guess what I am asking is if there are any events you can cover when it gets colder? Maybe it's  time to tweak, if necessary, and rest.
Just curious, Marty

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »
Marty ,
Thanks for the kind words ! Only thing is whos the young man? I am fast approaching the half century mark! anyway yes it was a fun summer! Not much going on in the northern winter months. May have a request for a christmas party but depends on weather.also found a few hoiliday fairs markets I can do next year.  I am planning to go a bit bigger next year. With the exception of balling I found its just as much work to do 50 dough balls as it is 150. I now have a commercial fridge so btween that and the prep table I shoul d be good for 250 + dough balls for street fairs ... we will see. I will continue to tweak yes and research I also have been resaerching a fork mixer which will allow me to save some time back and forth with the dough. I missed my earthstone so sunday at nearly 65 degrees+ I fired up and cooked some neo neopolitan with the oven in the low 700'S pics below

Thank you all again for the positive comments through out the year, and I am  glad many others have thought about or actually taken the steps to go Mobile. I wish them the best.  I have a ways to go yet , and my goal is to put out some of those Garage pies like Craig or the P-70'S  like John D . I gotta just keep on trying.
Gobble gobble   ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:47:36 PM by JConk007 »

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »
Wow John, having so much going on I totally missed this while it was happening! 
Too cool to say the least.  Pies, oven and setup look top of the line and indeed you look like a happy camper.
Another pizzamakingdotcomer goes pro!
Way to go Chef John!
Hog

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2011, 01:51:25 PM »
Thanks Hog !
ReallyI thinks its just semi pro ? but having fun trying. Hope 2012 will be even better.
John

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »
ITS A GIRL!!  :-* At least I think so? sleek and sexy, shiny an new! Very exciting too!
Yes I am speaking of my new Mecnosud Fork Mixer She has arrived home after some wheeling and dealing and teaming up with the zaman larry (who also took ownership of one of these beauties) I picked her up at the warehouse and gently lifter her from the truck bed with my friends fork lift ( flashbacks Craig?) It weighed in at 375 pounds including the custom metal pallet. Its an FC35M model and perfect for what I need. Not as pricey and easier to get than the Pietro Berto but a well built machine for sure! I just need an Stephano  in the Garage but who would be crazy enough to do that right?. As mentioned many times, Frank at Vesta was more than gracious allowing me to mix all my dough last year with his diving arm mixer. Going to be very hard to beat that Machine and dough quality. However- time is money and schlepping 30 min each way sometimes waiting for the mixer to become available.... 2-3 hours total to make at times only 60 dough balls was eating me up. So after months of research I ended up with what I think is a BEAUTIFUL Machine. Its single phase electric for USA . Aside from a different plug, all I needed was a standard 220V outlet with 20 amp breaker which I had in place already. I Must admit, I was a bit nervous "cutting the cord" to replace the European plug, but was simple, and I am up and running!  ;D The forecast is for good weather and Fire  >:D so I Immediately made a batch of dough today. I was so worried about how it would work with smaller batches. Did 8500 G flour and 5275 G water for my test run. Mixer performed  Beautiful!! Max is said to be 23kg dry flour which I think would be pushing it? Jay J, at IL Cane Rosso also runs this identical mixer stated it was abit small for him now, He was very helpful in my decision Thanks Jay! I will post a few videos and pics later on. for now welcome Jessabell (sounds Italian right?)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:52:53 PM by JConk007 »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jessabell!  ;D John, she sure is a beauty!  Congrats on purchasing your gem.

Norma