Author Topic: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !  (Read 83083 times)

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !
« Reply #440 on: August 20, 2012, 11:02:29 PM »
I want a Meatza with fungi.  But they are all top shelf. :chef:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #441 on: August 20, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Just Maybe you should go try and make a pizza Bob ? its fun too.
I have always complimented your work John...I'm sorry if you don't like my type of humor on your thread, I've been blown off before in much less classier ways so, no hard feel'ins, kay? I have tried to make some pizzas and you are right...it was fun too.  ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #442 on: August 21, 2012, 12:06:47 AM »
No harm no foul Bob! I'm not Hatin nor blowin you off. I have been kicking around for a few 24s and enjoy some good humor now and again. The Paddy wagon was very cute! Pretty funny stuff ! I was just curious if you make pizza? :pizza:  just seems no matter what some people post you are quick jump on it. Not saying that in a bad way either Bob.  I just want people to know a van works well for this, thats all. Working hard and sharing what I learn along the way. I am no where near retired to  NC yet  :'( was  Kinda hoping for a- John, nice of you to share your thoughts and Ideas, but hey I understand maybe I post too much stuff so I will cut back now, I promise. I'll just lurk.  Have a good night! Thanks again for sharing
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #443 on: August 21, 2012, 12:22:24 AM »
 john, i want to see your shirts up close.i like the way the van is set up. you can carry spares of everything you need for a job,plus some

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #444 on: August 21, 2012, 12:35:52 AM »
I swear that Craig and I will fly back to NY (at his x pense, any put all these rumors to hush) and not withstanding the minor event I created at Security....

John is a straighup pizza guy.  Have you seen the pics of the pizzas coming out of his oven?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:38:30 AM by Jet_deck »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #445 on: August 21, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »
yes Larry!  Extra stock - everthing from Paper towels  to containers to pizza cutters and even tomatoes  its great ! and its enclosed ! so no need for a garage thats the best part.  I could not leave table on truck outside fear of rain and sun would ruin it. Well all I can say for now my monthly posting  limit is now up. see you in September.  
Thanks Gene ! sure your pizza  will be equally impressive in a very short period of time  !
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:42:47 AM by JConk007 »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #446 on: August 21, 2012, 10:14:19 AM »
I always get a good chuckle when I see your pies. There is just something humorous about the fact that if you want the best pies in NJ, you can't go to any restaurant. You have to call John and hope he can fit you in.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #447 on: August 29, 2012, 01:09:43 AM »
Thanks Craig! Doin the best I can with my little mobile  and still lovin it!
someday - I  will have a real oven ! wether its on a trailer, in a truck, or in a shop has yet to be determined. Heck, maybe I will even try to activate a starter sometime ???

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #448 on: September 02, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »
Flirting With "Four Grande Mere !"
Before I left on Vacation to Park City I had the pleasure if finally cooking in a Brandy new Four Grande Mere  950B. Thats the brick finish low dome (9") with a  37.5" floor/cooking surface.
Robyn, you are one lucky devil to have this oven in your home! This was the Maiden voyage for this oven and I must say it performed beautifully! It Felt very solid  (mass) and I liked thecooking tiles.A really nice balance of top and bottom heat once the whole unit was up to temp. over 1.5 hrs to get there. Its not a Stefano or a acunto but I must say it blows away my mobile forno bravo ?
This great guy found me at a party I did earlier this year about an hr from my Base. We chatted a few times and he booked me for his party about 3 months ago (almost forgot!) He  asked for a recommendation as he was wanting to build a WFO. I recommend the FGM as I believe I did to Robyn and the rest was history! This oven is on wheels!  it is NOT a barrel oven, just a shell over the dome and insulation.  his mason picked that shape to make it easy to finish for him on time. He picked up the oven and I helped with any questions and got him his GI tools. A happy new WFO addict is born!
I used my same dough and did 65 pizzas in about 2 hours for his crowd. many pizzeria owners , and a  well know "brick oven " pizzeria manager were all blown away by the product. I only had my 1 new helper so not much time for pictures  after the set up sorry.
A+ for this Oven  for sure! If I had to do it again with a similar budget to the earthstone forno bravo  wildwood... My money goes here for sure!
I hope to Maybe help Antione with some future events and sell these beauties when I can  as well. Easy to  to push for something you believe in even after just 1 bake.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:09:56 PM by JConk007 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #449 on: September 02, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
used the old 10ft tent on set up, on his new patio and it worked out quite well. Thats the Happy new owner Rick who I am sure we will see on the forum soon!
John
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:15:41 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #450 on: September 02, 2012, 11:27:14 PM »
Nice pie.  Glad you were excited. :chef:

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #451 on: September 03, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
It is fascinating to me to see the step-by-step evolutionary path that some of our members take from their day jobs or careers to becoming pizza professionals. It is though the path is preordained and inexorable and once set in motion cannot be stopped no matter how much effort is put into resisting it, much like a moth being drawn to the flame. Query: Who's next?

Peter

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #452 on: September 03, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
Boy, his floor sure came out nice!!  Wonder what was wrong with ours...  Oh well, I love our custom floor.  So Antoine can order the "B" ovens?  I saw on his website that he stocks only the "C"s.  Glad to hear of another happy owner, and yes, we still love ours and are grateful to you, John, for recommending it.  You probably didn't actually measure his floor - ours is closer to a full 39 inches, almost 40".  I wonder if his is too?  Thanks for the update, John!!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #453 on: September 03, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »
@ Peter , If you are saying I am a professional, thank you  I really appreciate it! If there is a semi pro weekend warrior I opt for that.  At this point you are correct there is no stopping! ;D except for a little 6.5 year old ! I will not give up my family for  brick and mortar pizza business at this point in life.  (and with the other job I have)  I have looked ;) and probably should never say never However  after reading and speaking to Many pizzeria owners and operators its a tremendous commitment in time no matter the $$ or Passion.  My pizzas pale in comaprison to many here on the forum but its hard to be spot on doing "production" well 50-75 pies each time I miss the onesy- 2zy sometime and have only used my earthstone 4 times this year !  :'(
@ Robyn yes the floor was perfect ! I never even tough to ask how it went in or worked out and yes, it seemed to be as big as my mobile 40" and you really don't notice the dome height while cooking. Owner is a fireman  (chief?) and everybody that was there was really happy watching the low rolling flames
John

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #454 on: September 03, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »
except for a little 6.5 year old !

My dilemma as well.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #455 on: September 03, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »
That is a great looking oven! And its on wheels? Is it in NJ?
Chaz

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #456 on: September 03, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »
yep its on 4 Casters, and 4 people can push it  around 

Craig  yes Family first, #1. Pizza a very close second  :pizza:
very happy with 1-2 days per weekend or less, remeber this has all paid for itself  already  ;D
Oven, truck/van, mixer....  now its time to save for the Italy trip!  gonna be a good one!
John

Offline scott123

« Reply #457 on: September 03, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
Boy, his floor sure came out nice!!  Wonder what was wrong with ours...

Maybe FGM read your post and fixed their floor tiles  ;D As much as I think, right now, FGM is the oven to get, after seeing the tiles they gave you, I think replacing the tiles should be a forgone conclusion on any newly purchased FGM.

Nice job, John.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2012, 06:48:36 PM »
Scott These are very nice ovens I must say you would love it at a very similar price point I think I would go this way as well. They lok as good as they cook too! I will ask  if there were any issues with the floor. He asked me alot of questions during the install but the floor never came up? and I forgot the issues Robyn had.  I am assuming it went in without a hitch. Nice thick tile for sure !
John

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2012, 06:56:33 PM »
John: Was this oven made in NJ (Im in NJ)? I really like the look of that oven and I value your opinion about the results coming out of it. Besides the obvious, was there a reason he had the oven built on casters? What is the cost for something like this? Thanks in advance!

Chaz
Chaz

pizzapan