Author Topic: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !  (Read 84738 times)

Offline Chaze215

Re: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !
« Reply #500 on: September 17, 2012, 07:01:52 PM »
Thats a nice little addition to your set up John. When you have x amount of dough balls for a party, how do you keep them at the right temp the whole time in order to keep the pies coming at a steady pace?
Chaz

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #501 on: September 17, 2012, 08:40:07 PM »
That my friend is one of the great Mysteryies of the world !  ??? Seriously it has taken me a full year to figure out when to pull em form the fridge ,when/where  to place em how many? how  fast?  and when to use em...  This Just takes time its a look and touch thing a  constant dance with temp humididity :) and every other variable that effects dough  IT AINT EASY ! I am happy temps are stabilizing perfect pizza weather  62-68 dgrees all day ! no fridge no problems No blow outs ! when it gets too cold its reverse and hard to spread control.... you get the idea
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #502 on: September 17, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »
John, I know you have your refer prep table....but is it not possible if one had a separate electric thermo control refer box dedicated for dough only, could you not then be able to maintain optimum dough temp no matter what the outside summer time temps are?  Thanks.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #503 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »
yes bob of course, ideal.  but we are talking about holding 100-200 dough balls ! another van or refriderated box truck  perhaps ? you buyin? driving storin? kiddin
 Keeping cool is not really The Problem, problem is you want the dough as close to room temp 65 ish as possible when speading the variable is how long it takes to get there when you remove it from the fridge. make sense? if its 92 degrees outside with 81% humidity and I need 30 dough balls per hour and each tray hold 8 how long does it take to come to room temp  so if this big thermo something doughbox could maintain that type of temp 60-68  we  got it!  sure it could be done but that would take all the  fun out of it ! I know CRAIG !! get me a graph of when I should take tray out based on ambient temp (call it duration to perfect usabilty) assuming all the boxes are made of the same conductive material of course !
Stickin with Touch, feel look, take out when you think its gonna work and cross your fingers  so far so good ! these first few are ready to spread  last one needs another 1.38 hours @ 84 degrees  :-D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:15:12 PM by JConk007 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #504 on: September 17, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »
Saturday  party this guy keeps the pool at 90 degress til mid october ! His Birthday Party 

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #505 on: September 17, 2012, 10:22:29 PM »
even had time for a few pizza shots ! upon completion a tip was a very nice cu*#n cigar  !! Thats my Hell boy knock off  Hot Sopressatta, Pepperoni oozing with Mikes Hot honey
great pizza day I love this weather !!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:24:41 PM by JConk007 »

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #506 on: September 17, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »
Just trying to learn and prepare John. What I was envisioning for the "electric thermo control refer box " was maybe a unit a bit smaller than your prep table.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #507 on: September 17, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »
Here to help Bob but remeber its about being compact and efficient anything extra has to be loaded , unloaded and oh yeah cleaned !!

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #508 on: September 17, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,14533.msg211256.html#msg211256

John, the pies look absolutely stunning. Top shelf, If I may say.  Your customers don't probably know how good they have it.  Keep the pics coming.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:16:37 AM by Pete-zza »
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #509 on: September 18, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »
hi john, i have a couple of questions. what is your make and cut flow. i think i like it, do you make right to left, with the finished pie closes to the oven?the cooked pies go to the table on the oven left? also were do you keep your hand sink?  yes, i may steal your set up we will deal with it next week,if we get together.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:21:53 PM by thezaman »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #510 on: September 18, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »
Gene! Thanks ! They do often comment on how good it is so guess its not just me and my bias opinion . The ladies raved about it for sure and went nuts over the nutella!
Larry, you may steal ? I am sure you will! Well you already took the recipe, work flow ,logo.... What's left? A little setup help sure why not.
(You know I could care less I wish you all the best always you have been more than helpful on so many occasions with me !) we're A team fighting to keep the mobile Neapolitan alive and well NO BOBOLI!
Anyway
Setup completely  depends on the  space available or position of oven and I like the prep table to face the crowd and service table to view oven  if you look through thread it's left right ... I prefer if possible dough balls on left make toward the right on table then right side by service table displays toppings,  honey , truffle oil , EVOO nutella ...  onto peel with room to turn  and into oven. Yes from oven goes to cooling cutting table out of the way on left other then to front table for serving
Table is only 48 so make in middle reach each way
Grand theft pizza !  Let me know how it works you will be little limited with truck right ?
Ciao partner see you next week!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #511 on: September 18, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
oh the hand sink back of the oven soap attached to oven (with thing on oven is attachment)  and P- towel rack is portable  this set up is both Cut and serve on Left 10X15 tent ( yes I will tell you where to get it Larry of course !)  prep table to front  nothing on left its what worked for that  driveway be creative !!
John
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:28:08 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Vinny G

« Reply #512 on: September 19, 2012, 02:13:49 PM »
John, you really do have a very professional, neat, and productive work area.  Everything absolutely has the look and touch of a first class operation all the way. If you ever decided to go with a brick and mortar shop I'm sure you would do well.
Take care.
Vinny.     

Offline JimmyMak

« Reply #513 on: September 19, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
Hey john how hard is to wheel your oven into yards, driveways, uphill ect.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #514 on: September 22, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »
If its not a smooth surface its very hard this aint no BBQ!  check it out tonight in the LIVE TV SHOW  ;D
should rcongnice the last shot in the show. Stone driveway ,Lots of wood moving pushing ... not to often its a back and drop
JOhn

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #515 on: September 23, 2012, 07:40:13 AM »
 john, looks like there may be a link showing [last weeks show]. this might show your segment later this week.

Offline petef

« Reply #516 on: September 23, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
Yeah, so I'm watching the "Toni On" show on TV today where they are visiting with some of the best pizza shops in the area. I believe it was the Phili, PA area. Very cool pizza show. Then I see them visiting with FLIRTING WITH FIRE a Neapolitan mobile pizza guy. I'm thinking to myself, hey, that sounds familiar from pizzamaking.com forums. I had not previously been following this thread so I wasn't aware that our own JConk007 was the owner of this business. Now I see it is John!  That's fantastic! You made the big time John!!!! Congradulations!

I only have one question... Those secret ingredients that you would not divulge on the TV interview... Are they here on pizzamaking.com for anyone diligent enough to do the research?

---pete---

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #517 on: September 23, 2012, 03:35:26 PM »
Yep that's me! I got a call for a gig less than 5 min after show aired! Also first email I go after the 5:30 am on CBS thos was from my real job boss !who had. NO idea what I was doing this OOPS so the cats out of the bag ? He did pay me a nice compliment so let's see what the rest of the gang thinks? It on my time own time right ?
John

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #518 on: September 23, 2012, 06:29:31 PM »
Yep that's me! I got a call for a gig less than 5 min after show aired! Also first email I go after the 5:30 am on CBS thos was from my real job boss !who had. NO idea what I was doing this OOPS so the cats out of the bag ? He did pay me a nice compliment so let's see what the rest of the gang thinks? It on my time own time right ?
John

Ah... the Law of Unintended Consequences strikes again ::). Seriously, congratulations on the publicity and the (first) results. Who knows, maybe you'll book your next company party, too. Let us know if there's a webcast that we can see.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #519 on: September 23, 2012, 08:44:49 PM »
Thanks Barry !
Yes the  boss mentioned doing the trucker BBQ. Not sure if he was serious  and I have had 3 calls already from CT! trying to get a link for my 5 minutes of fame  :-D
JOhn

pizzapan