Author Topic: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !  (Read 86480 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: FLIRTING WITH FIRE !
« Reply #540 on: September 30, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
Dude, that is frekin' awesome!
Pizza is not bread.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #541 on: September 30, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »
Congrats John!  ;D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline rumper

« Reply #542 on: September 30, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
Well Done John that is awesome.  And thorughly deserved.

Offline The Gizz

« Reply #543 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
Excellent Excellent Excellent!!! Great Job John  :) Congrats
Thanks........Tee

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #544 on: September 30, 2012, 09:33:48 PM »
WOW thanks everybody !! :-[ really appreciate the comments!  ! It was a great time and I really enjoyed it! This was  was my first time on Camera so a bit unnatural and nervous ! I woulds have prefer some prep time or at least questions Toni was planning to ask But just as well I did not have time to fret over it !
Scott I will gladly auto graph your next peel or Mixer ~
still have those beautiful small Mecnosud spiral mixers available ! 3 gone !
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Vinny G

« Reply #545 on: October 02, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »
John you seemed to be a natural on camera.  Pies looked excellent as always, and setup was very professional looking.  If she would have interviewed me, I would have been like Ralph Kramden in the Chef of the Future episode of the Honeymooners. Great publicity and exposure for sure.  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:06:53 PM by Vinny G »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #546 on: October 02, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »
John you seemed to be a natural on camera.  Pies looked excellent as always, and setup was very professional looking.  If she would have interviewed me, I would have been like Ralph Kramden in the Chef of the Future episode of the Honeymooners. Great publicity and exposure for sure.  

That was a funny episode Vinny!  :-D
And yes! Johnny baby is a natural if ever there was one...I'm say'in!!  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #547 on: October 07, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
What a fun Party on Saturday.  and no Rain !!! This is first time since I strated I came home with 0! and I know why supposed to be 55 + a few kids ? how about I counted quick about 70 + adilts  25 kids did 55 pies in 2 hrs and headed  home. Told him "Im out !" I would have been glad to bring 20-30 more but I went on what he told me so I was out, and he could say nothing he gave me the number! Truth is I was a little pissed-  he felt horrible so $100 buck tip for each of my  crew. I had to mobilze anyway could have got at least anther 25-30 people billed for same event oh well at least I paid for the gas   ;) Had a new helper and the girl showed up in a tie ! too busy to get too many pizza shots which were coming out really sweet after the 2 hr heat up
Here was Set up On a nice flat concrete driveway where I backed in unhooked and set up right there. A real pleasure and easy out !
John
ps those are not my red and white flags owner wanted me to match his tent so hey whatever the customer wants ,actually looked kinda  cool !
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:46:45 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #548 on: October 07, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »
Very nice once again John...you have a class act!   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #549 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »
You are the man John, very impressive. Bad situation when the client either accidentally or on purpose undercuts the head count by that much. Obviously not your fault at all that it ended up this way, unfortunately in the eyes of the guests it's always the caterers fault when he runs out of food, sad reality of our business. You should be very proud of what you have done with your business, which I am sure you are. Hope I can get to the point where you are in my business someday. Keep up the great work John, you truly are an inspiration.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #550 on: October 08, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »
That's crazy you bring 55 balls for 55 people. I would be so scared one or two would have a problem and I would be short. Impressive you never worry about messing one up.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #551 on: October 08, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »
The last time I ate at UPN in NYC - a couple months before he closed and moved to SF - Anthony was not there, and the guy making the pies didn't like something about the first two pies he made me because he dumped them in the trash before they even went into the oven.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Vinny G

« Reply #552 on: October 08, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »
It almost looks as though that concrete pad and driveway were custom made just to perfectly fit your setup.  Looks great and professional as usual.  

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
The last time I ate at UPN in NYC - a couple months before he closed and moved to SF - Anthony was not there, and the guy making the pies didn't like something about the first two pies he made me because he dumped them in the trash before they even went into the oven.

Seems that would take a lot of extra dough prep and amount of it in the daily planning if your doing that a lot. Costly too if your using a really good flour and olive oil in a dough.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #554 on: October 09, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »
I dump em if I don't like the way it looks  for sure ! If bottom is too dark Nope ,out! Its always hard starting out when floor is 900 first few are generally toast and crew food  :P
Most parties never require 1 per person they are grazing on everything around and grab a slice here and there 1 per person is where I started have found that's way too much.

Oh , olive oil in dough ? AhH,  say it ain't so

That's for the winter home oven blends
John

Offline The Slice

« Reply #555 on: October 10, 2012, 05:07:31 PM »
This could be the greatest thread ever!  Very inspiring. I'm thinking of doing something similiar except with a deck oven on propane.
So are you still determined to keep your day job? ;)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #556 on: October 10, 2012, 10:45:14 PM »
Yep for now  ??? Benifits of doing what I love dont quite match the dental, health Pension, 401 ( now 201) K and weekly check 52 weeks a year, and as mentioned I  value the tine with my family as well.
Yes there are some cool gas deck oven set ups out there as well as a few impinger ovens (yeck) just search and you shall find or I will send you a few links but dont want to contaminate this WFO thread
Just kidding I love a gas deck ny pie but as scott123 always  says you better hit 650 with that bad boy to find the magic  ;D
John

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2012, 11:23:43 AM »
Is FWF surviving alright in the wake of sandy? Any unwanted effects on the business (or wanted, for that matter)? have you hung your oven tools up for the winter yet? The silence is deafening, John ;)
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2012, 11:28:52 AM »
Is FWF surviving alright in the wake of sandy? Any unwanted effects on the business (or wanted, for that matter)? have you hung your oven tools up for the winter yet? The silence is deafening, John ;)

You're not looking in the right place: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5130.msg223772.html#msg223772
Pizza is not bread.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2012, 12:39:23 PM »
nice, thanks!
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer