Author Topic: Thanks for the Malnati semolina thread up top.  (Read 854 times)

Offline veevito

Thanks for the Malnati semolina thread up top.
« on: July 02, 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
Thanks BTB and all those who contributed to that stickied thread.

I just used that recipe with 25% semolina, adjusted for a 14 inch pan via the dough calculator and upped the salt a bit, and I must say that it is a fabulous crust. Normally, we order Malnati's or Giordano's (although I don't like Gio's dough but their insides are good), but I just like cooking in general (you should try my chicken marsala), and I wanted to make my own. Not to mention the prices these days.

Anyway, the recipe was outstanding. Frankly, better than ordering. And the dough is easier than most, no endless kneading. Sorry for no outside crust shot but it was golden brown and delicious. Even crisp all over which surprised me considering it was a rather large pizza. I was afraid of it burning before the inside was done so I baked it at 375 for 50 minutes. 25 covered, 25 uncovered. Will do without the covering since I like it more well done next time I think.

A little tweaking on cheese slice thickness and experimenting with various brands of tomatoes and i'm not sure I will ever find those delivery menus again...

Here are 2 pictures. First try. Man, just....thanks.

pizzapan