Author Topic: 50# bags of Sir Lancelot  (Read 38438 times)

Offline matermark

Re: 50# bags of Sir Lancelot
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
Thank you Norma. I've been using KA bread flour and adding/replacing 13g of vital wheat gluten per pound to make 14.2% protein for now but should start calling around for KASL instead.... I just don't know if I can use 50lbs.

Offline PlanoPhil

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »
Norma
Can you tell me were you purchased your KASL?  That seems like an incredible price. 50 lbs for $22.  Wow!   :o Am I missing something?

Phil

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
Norma
Can you tell me were you purchased your KASL?  That seems like an incredible price. 50 lbs for $22.  Wow!   :o Am I missing something?

Phil

Phil,

I purchase my KASL at C.O. Nolt & Son, Inc.  http://www.conolt.com/  but it only for commercial businesses.  If you live in my area I could purchase some for you.  The last time I purchased KASL it went up to 26.50, as of 6/24/2011.  I have to pick up some more flour tomorrow and donít know what the price will be.  If you want me to let you know what the price is tomorrow, I can let you know.  KASL does seem to be creeping up in price, just like all other pizza related ingredients are. 

Fred, (SmokinGuitarPlayer) does also carry KASL in 50 lb. bags for 41.99 http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/category_s/603.htm  I think, but am not sure, that he also breaks it down in smaller bags.  You could call him and ask him if he does, and what the price would be to ship.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline matermark

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
A bakery supply place in Buffalo quoted me $22.75 or $22.95 back in the spring for a 50lb bag.

Offline PlanoPhil

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2011, 08:53:35 AM »
Norma,
I live in the Dallas area so no chance of hooking up with your purchase.

If anyone is following this string from North Texas and knows where I can get KASL please reply.

Thanks

Phil

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »
Phil,

You might check out Dawn Food Products (http://www.dawnfoods.com/Public/Managed/Home/Index.Asp) in Garland. I believe that they still sell to individuals but there may be a minimum dollar purchase requirement. You might also have to open an account.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »
Norma,
I live in the Dallas area so no chance of hooking up with your purchase.

If anyone is following this string from North Texas and knows where I can get KASL please reply.

Thanks

Phil

Just for comparison, I did call to pick up KASL today and now it is 29.40 for 50 lbs.  If matermark can get it from a bakery at the price he posted, that is a good deal.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline matermark

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »
Phil, there is also a place in I think Wisconsin that sells it by the pound to anybody, I will try to find a link...

HERE it is:

http://www.floursack.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TFS&Product_Code=142053&Category_Code=FL

They sell it in 5, 10 & 25lbs ($4.95, $9.50 & $22.50)

Hope this helps.

P.S. I just called my place in town here, they asked who I was and just said "Cash & Carry" and they put me on hold, came back & said $23.00.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:25:37 PM by matermark »

Offline PlanoPhil

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
Just received this email from my local distributor for Dawn Food Products.

There have been many e-mails flying around trying to get you information on how to buy King Arthur flour.  Hopefully, I can help.  We do stock several varieties of King Arthur flour.  It is a great flour line.  I am with the distribution arm of Dawn here at the Dallas Distribution center in Garland.  We sell to the wholesale channel for bakery products.  We are not designed for selling to the public like a Samís or Restaurant Depot.  We do however have limited abilities for will call customers.  We do have a minimum pick up amount of $75.  I would recommend you call our office and our customer service department can help you through our system.  972-485-8004

Not sure I want to buy $75 worth.  Called them and they say it's $29 per 50 lb bag.  So I would have to buy three bags.  Guess I need to find someone in the Dallas area willing to split the load with me..

Anyone out there interested?

Phil