Author Topic: Colin from Vietnam  (Read 369 times)

Offline coats2coast

Colin from Vietnam
« on: July 04, 2011, 02:22:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm actually Canadian but living in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), Vietnam for the past 5 years to reconnect with family and making a career as an English teacher.  I've worked in a kitchen through my teens and early twenties, from diners to German restaurants to fine dining.  I'm confident in what I need to do to run a kitchen.  Pizza in Vietnam, at least in HCMC, has recently seen a huge increase in popularity and I see an opportunity for a pizza business.  I plan to open a place within the next year.  I love to cook and pizza is one of my favourite food, yet I've never cooked it from scratch.  I want to learn everything I can about pizza making. In the next year, I plan to return to Canada to learn and develop a dough recipe, sauce recipe, find a good cheese, and gather the right equipment I will need.  As well, I'll take some courses in small business.  So in short  :D, I would appreciate all the help and advice I can get. Thanks

Offline Martino1

• so much to learn
Re: Colin from Vietnam
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
Hey Colin,
I am German, living in HCMC too and my poor wife has to eat pizza twice a week, since i try to improve my recipe. I am working here since 2,5 years but have been making pizza on and off since 15 years... Now getting serious about it. I am doing my pies on a 400 degree bbq grill wit a vietnamese basalt lava stone with better and better results..
Catch up !

Cheers,
Martin
Pizza is the only dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, late night snack ;-)

pizzapan