Author Topic: Ellio's Frozen Pizza-help  (Read 1942 times)

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
Ellio's Frozen Pizza-help
« on: June 08, 2005, 11:32:37 AM »
 ???I am trying to get some Ellio's, any "flavor", the frozen pizza mostly in the East/Northeast. I have contacted Ellio's parent company and they told me that they do not do direct sales and suggested the same-old "ask a store manager to order some for you." In a city like Chicago, that won't happen, especially for an untested product. Plus, I would probably have to buy 10 cases a month to make it worthwhile for the store. Their site lists MEIJER Food stores as a carrier, but the Meijer's I've been to or contacted in Indiana and Michigan do not carry it. I have heard good things about this pizza---it may even be like the beloved frozen pizzas of the 70's and 80's. I would like to buy some, even a case, but I need East Coast help. Would anyone be willing to set me up if I supplied the cash and proper insulated shipping equipment (Styro, tape, address labels,etc.) plus whatever cash (be gentle) for the trouble? Any help or suggestions, OR opinions of Ellio's would be appreciated! ???

Offline cookie

Re: Ellio's Frozen Pizza-help
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 02:21:36 AM »
Hi lilbuddypizza,
Years ago when I lived in NY I used to buy Ellio's pizza...it was pretty good...at the time.  When I moved to Ohio some years later I saw it in the supermarket and decided to buy some.  At any rate, over the years they must have changed their recipe or something because it was very disappointing.  The crust was like cardboard and the pizza had a somewhat artificial taste.  Everyone's taste in pizza is different, but if you're looking for a decent frozen supermarket pizza you may want to try DiGiorno's or Freschetta...both are pretty decent, though, of course, there's nothing like homemade :)

pizzapan