Author Topic: 900  (Read 1091 times)

Offline forzaroma

« on: July 08, 2011, 09:43:11 AM »
I will be heading here today reviews to follow!!

Offline pizzablogger

Re: 900
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
Good, clear crumb shots please.

Those water glasses on the table make for excellent tripods to balance your cell phone on for clear pictures, if that is what you are using to snap pics.

Heard many good things about this joint, looking forward to pics and hope you enjoy! --K
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »
No
Was NYC and it was good I'll post pics tomorrow

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »
Forzaroma,  cool hadn't heard of it yet.  -Marc

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:12:57 AM »
Marc its a new one NYC ,heard good things, waiting for reviews too!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:06:56 AM »
Well here is my quick review of 900 degrees. I apologize for the bad camera pics I took with my iPhone and they came out pretty crappy. We got there at around 2pm and it was empty so we sat right away. We got the menu and i usually know right away what i want to get, i always get a Margarita to compare others to but the other pies to choose i was overwhelmed as they had so many options between Pizza Romana Pizza Americana brick oven wood fired etc etc just too many different options for me to choose. So I heard good things of the Tomato pie so thats what i went with.

In my opinion this was one of the best Margarita's that I have ever had as you will see from the pic the char was just right, the crust was soft and just the right amount of chew really really done well. The tomato pie was also very good a little too sweet in my opinion but def very tasty.

So I usually go with a friend of mine who knows what a pizza nut i am so she as well is becoming a nut as well, but she invited her friend who does not really get it if you know what I mean and for our 3rd pie we wanted to order the pie with truffles and mushrooms I forgot the name off the top of my head, but she didn't like mushrooms so I wanted to make everyone happy and she wanted to order the Vodka pizza. I didn't want to waste my last pie on that I mean do I like Vodka sauce sure i do but I'm at a top wood fired pizza shop I wanted to say hells no but I do not know her that well but anyway thank God she said whatever you guys want so we ordered the Pizza Campari crushed red pepper, mozzarella, pancetta, goat cheese, escarole, sweet piquante peppers, blood orange campari reduction was good but not my cup of tea.

We also walked down the street and went to a gelato shop called Arte di gelato, which was amazing. I had the nocciola but tasted the olive oil gelato which was very interesting.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:51:38 PM by forzaroma »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »
Thanks for the review Mike.  That margherita looks great.  Could you discern from the crust any starter flavor profiles or do you think this is CY or commercial yeast?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:58:05 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »
I believe it was commercial yeast. I didnt get any real tang in the dough but i could be wrong.