Author Topic: mobil oven  (Read 15010 times)

Offline Tman1

Re: mobil oven
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 08:41:15 AM »
Did you both happen to see that he mentioned SS cambro containers as the sink units? At least that's what i think he said a couple of posts up.... interesting idea to use them instead of 'real' sinks.  If it's $700 to home build, there isn't much savings as these can be found for that price on Ebay. I'm not knocking Jet's ability at all (or his gumption!), just stating what I know... perhaps a diving arm mixer would be more useful?   :-D

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »
 i will get all of the information for you this week. i picked this unit because it was approved of by my health inspector. i sure you could build this as the company called peanut king does just that.there is a two week wait from order to delivery.it is all other use materials.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
i will get all of the information for you this week. i picked this unit because it was approved of by my health inspector. i sure you could build this as the company called peanut king does just that.there is a two week wait from order to delivery.it is all other use materials.

Thanks Larry.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »
 i finally was able to get a picture of the hot water tank, the phone number and company name are visible. emclosed are a few pics of our last night bake at matus winery. after this sunday i am tearing off the oven and rebuilding it with a dome i got from chau. this oven will be used for bread or sold. it is not good for pizza. it took a 4 man crew to put out 91 pizzas in 3.5 hours.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
Thanks so much Larry.  The pizza looks excellent, as usual.  I'm sure they loved it!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
Larry ,
How did it go?200? Rain?
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »
john, 91 pizzas no rain lots of wind. i need to reorder the turning peel and oven brush with longer handles.digging deep in the oven for pies is a little painful.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »
john, 91 pizzas no rain lots of wind. i need to reorder the turning peel and oven brush with longer handles.digging deep in the oven for pies is a little painful.

Larry, if you want to deeply discount the used oven brush and turning peel, I'm interested...

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »
Just say the word Larry 2 days  ;D I noticed the chopped off GI guy early in the thread your daughter was using I use the 47 " launch and the 59" length  9" turning peel what's the new oven? And you never answered on the other one next to the weber in the back yard?
John

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »
i wanted to show the progress on my up grade to my mobil oven. the current oven while it works well doesn't lend itself to pizza cooking without a lot of extra effort.i purchased a defective dome from chau and am fortunate to have a friend who is a mason and took on this project.he is the Ohio distributor of a product called solid flue and used it to fix the dome. it is used to repair faulty chimneys.3/4 of an inch thickness is all it takes to make a unsafe flue able to take extremely high temperatures. he used 3/4 of inch over the dome and two inches of insulating blanket.as he is trained in flue repair,so i am going with his recommendation and keeping the blanket at two inches. i wanted four he said it was overkill with the solid flue material. for weight savings he is going to coat it with some type of latex stucco. he should be finished next week. i will change over the oven after curing. tho old oven will be stored and used as a backup if ever needed.looking for a used trailer to mount it on. any thought, ??
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:02:27 PM by thezaman »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »
Thanks great Larry, good luck. How many ovens does that make now like 6 :-D.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »
 i have 4 ovens. the one on my truck is being replaced. i used it last night and it took three hours and a truck load of wood to get it to temperature. so i am retiring it, the portable oven that is now being built will be my last.the only thing that may change this is if i find the right location for a wood fired pizza restaurant.we did a Halloween party last night and the oven ate wood like i eat pizza. it was a fun event lots of positive feedback. probably related all of the booze that was being consumed,but it was enjoyable just the same. since we were outside and it was low 40 degrees the dough didn't warm much even though we had it next to a heater so i cooked at a little lower temperature. i did not get the rise i normally do. we anticipated this and did a lot of very spicy pies. we made a siracha oil and used that with the tomato sauce for all of the pizzas except the margherita based pies.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 04:02:22 PM »
Curious Larry,
What are you sealing-filling the joint/gap on the dome with. Is that The solid flue or is that the stuff around dome on the outside of the dome? I am told I do have 4 layers of blanket on this oven.
I am convinced I have the same oven you are repairing. Could you email some detail pics of the inside -outside of the oven please. I have a crack- chip-chunk loose  on top of dome  now which Peter  came to fix. We will see how it holds up. But there are similar size gaps on the joints in my oven. With all that said , no worries , cooks neapolitan quite well what's the floor insulation you are using under the forno?   Also did you ever consider putting the Tuscano on the trailer?There are used trailers by me for sale I am looking at in the 800$ range. Also like the enclosed idea they shown the fire with in site. But would want the oven in there for sure.  Need a good torsion axle and modifications to the shell to get hearth in place  but seems as you probably know a good welder as well.
Thanks!
John

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
 the big oven is going to be incorporated in my store patio landscaping this spring.
if you have 4 layers they are either 4 inches or 8 inches thick. do you know which? i may ask the mason to throw another two inch blanket on this thing.the whole oven has been fortified with this solid flue stuff. under the floor there is 3/4 inch covering the 2 inch insulating board.
 the fire within has a lot of great ideas.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »
I am thinking 4 2" layer lightly comporessed I would add the extra layer of insulation larry. The board underneath is also 1 piece  4 " thickI posted it over on Robyns build I think.No such thing as too much insulation I thought. He is the flue expert but probably has not baked as many pies as you its only a few more bucks last thing you want is to end up saying " I wish I would have..." Good luck with the new oven!
John
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:15:08 PM by JConk007 »

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 11:34:12 PM »
we did our last mobil job friday. matus winery asked me to try a winter date. it was 30 degrees and snowing. we pulled the oven up to the wine making area and made the pizzas in the wine room. no heat so the dough was kept in the  party area and we pulled it as needed.  we only sold 51 pizzas so it was disappointing. i did not bring my sink or make table so it was a much scaled down set up. the oven cooked great tonight. not many pictures tying to get the pies to customer as hot as possible.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 03:01:17 PM »
Larry,
Great stuff! If I only knew it would be 60-70degrees in jersey from October  - December I certainly would have pursued some fall fairs and events. Oh that's right I don't have any payments, whew, but  it's also nice to Spend the holidays with the family too.  ;D I am  looking to go a bit bigger next year now that I have My feet wet. New fork mixer well save  bunch of time running back and forth.
Hope you new oven work out as well as this looks.
See you soon!
John
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:03:32 PM by JConk007 »

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »
 looking forward to meeting you. you will do all of the negotiating, i know i will be able to save money. :). paulie g's will be the first visit. keste's or the new restaurant that Roberto is opening if it is up and running by then.
 we used this last event to improve our making.we kept flour to a minimum and it made a huge difference in the finished pizza.
 while picking up the truck today they asked us to do a January date. my new oven will be ready by then so i agreed

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 07:09:45 PM »
 finally have my oven upgrade done the dome i purchased from chau . the only thing left is to temper the oven ,than test to see how it will hold up. i had to purchase all of the material locally. since the dome was not purchased directly from forno bravo they were not willing to sell me any oven parts.i understand their point,but i have bought three ovens from them in the past.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 10:43:40 PM »
Looks great Larry !! good luck with it!