Author Topic: mobil oven  (Read 14319 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: mobil oven
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 09:18:42 AM »
thanks john,
  worried about a few things such as floor gaps, and the floor is not able to float,it is sitting on the solid flue which adhered to the floor when it was laid down.the weight is a lot higher than the old oven.the dome alone is 800 pounds. we will see next week.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
Just s hunch but I am thinking the pies are going to look great you seem to have it figured out  :chef: and with a new fork mixer skies the limit!  ;D
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 11:37:25 PM »
new oven is about ready.i have been building curing fires all week. tomorrow my be a cooking day!!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:23 PM »
Very cool Larry or should I say hot >:D where do you carry the rest of your goodiesfor an event? , tables, sink? dough....  is there another support vechicle involved? Would be really cool if you could spin the oven from side to other side or back facing, as mentioned the people just  love to see the fire.
Time for some pies now right?
JOhn

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 07:35:06 AM »
Larry,

Great looking new oven!  :)  Can't wait to see the pies.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 11:44:43 AM »
 we did our first event last night out of the new oven. it was also the first time i used my new fork mixer.over all it was a good night. the oven took longer than i thought it would to get to temperature my first half hours worth of pizza were taking three to four minutes to cook. from 6 pm to 8:30 my oven hit temperature and we were able to cook in the two minute range. the dough was kept in the heated building and brought out for the orders as needed.i didn't want to push under two because the area we were cooking in was  the high 30 degree range  . i did a 65 dough ball batch in which i used the dough calculator for the first time thanks to john c's recommendation. great tool ! we added italian wood roasted wings to the menu. we sold thru wings and pizza by our 8:30 close and the costumer seemed happy,winery owners asked us back so all was good.pictures

Offline dimitrios

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
we did our last mobil job friday. matus winery asked me to try a winter date. it was 30 degrees and snowing. we pulled the oven up to the wine making area and made the pizzas in the wine room. no heat so the dough was kept in the  party area and we pulled it as needed.  we only sold 51 pizzas so it was disappointing. i did not bring my sink or make table so it was a much scaled down set up. the oven cooked great tonight. not many pictures tying to get the pies to customer as hot as possible.
Your pizza's look amazing. I saw on the pictures of your daughter how she stretches that pizza, if I would do that with my dough, I would get tears in the dough. What recipe are you using if I may ask? Double 0 flour? Lot of salt? Starter?
Thanks.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »
Larry, thanks for the pictures of the new oven.  The pizza looks stellar!  Those people don't realize how lucky they are to eat the good stuff.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
i want to jump in on the amount of work that the mobile pizza is.last week i did three nights in a row. i was physically and mentally shot by Sunday night.it only lasted until Monday morning. ;D the behind the scenes work involved  makes it is very hard to price an event. value vs cost has to be sold to the customer.and you better put out good food,and get them involved in the experience.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 06:55:30 PM »
more

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2012, 06:56:38 PM »
last one

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2012, 10:45:09 AM »
 johhny mozz aka john conklin do you like my homemade gi stand?i used your brackets

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »
now i feel better and safer :-D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »
Larry you are too funny I told you I did not care was no big deal it is not a personal threadit is there for everybody's enjoyment and motivation/inspiration. You inspire a lot of people also
Thank you

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
 last night we went to a three year old winery called vermillion valley . it was on a very desolate road about 10 miles from oberlin. i booked this because the owners were very prominent retired teachers from oberlin.talking to them to get a feel for their friday crowed size they mentioned about 40 to 50 people. i prepped all pizza items based on friday and sunday sales projection. 85 dough balls,case of curd etc.i brought 50 with me thinking i may waste a few.
 i set up at three with start at 6 pm. i got a tour of the winery and many samples of their wines.this joint was laid out using as many environmental sustainable methods as possible to build and run the facility. i was floored by this building and grounds.
 i got he oven up to temp by 5 pm  and told the owners to start selling.my crew was to show up at 6 pm. i figured i could handle the trickle of customers.wrong ,i was down 10 pies by 6 pm.i ended up having the rest of the 85 pieces of dough delivered out to me which we sold thru by 8:30.
 the owners said that the increase in business was because of the flame!! they booked us once a month thru october. their customer count was 150 vs the average of 50. we were very excited. it was quite exhilarating. a few pics. as you can see the conditions were less than ideal. oven had to sit pretty far from the work area. the truck wasn't at all level but it cooked spot on. 

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »
a few more

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »
Larry,

Those pies look gorgeous and so does the winery.  ;D  Great job!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »
Awesome Larry,
Great Pies , Great Gig and Repeat bus. You cannot ask for anything more!  That a good daddy dad gift  work for the mobile thru October and the private parties and connection from doing this will surley nbe a hit with pizza like that !
John

Offline kwm

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2012, 03:40:24 PM »
I am new to this forum and just read this thread and wanted to share some info.  Early in the thread there was talk about sinks.  For those interested, there is a site called concessionsinks.com.  Their moto is "buy it or build it".  It uses a tankless water heater.  I did purchase the plans and videos ($30) and will be building my own sink.  It looks very complete, right down to the material list so its only ONE trip to the hardware store.  Building your own should cost around $500-600...best guess.

I am really enjoying this site......Thanks

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »
the sink i purchased was around 900.00 and it is nsf approved which was a must with my health department. it has been very handy and adds a professional look to a job. last night we did a graduation for 150. here is my setup and pies

pizzapan