Author Topic: Questions for those of you with a Forno Bravo Primavera  (Read 2927 times)

Offline GlennC.

Questions for those of you with a Forno Bravo Primavera
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:51:29 AM »
I am considering the Primavera and have a couple questions.  First of all, how sturdy is the stand?  Any concerns about collapsing or tipping over?  What if a midsize dog - 50 lbs jumps and put his front paws on it?  Second, once the oven is cured is that a one time thing?  What if it rains - do you have to cure again, do you have to keep a cover on the oven when not in use?

Thanks

Texas A&M NCAA National Champions
Men's Track & Field  2011, 2010, 2009 [3-peat]
Women's Track & Field 2011, 2010, 2009 [3-peat]
Women's Basketball 2011

Offline ERASMO

• Wood Fired Ovens PA
Re: Questions for those of you with a Forno Bravo Primavera
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 01:50:41 PM »
I have a Primavera 60 and love it!

Once cured you normally would not need to cure again.  I do keep mine covered when not in use but the manufacture says you do not have to.

Stand is very sturdy.  It would take alot to tip it over.  50lb dog--No.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A9oOn3DGxc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A9oOn3DGxc</a>

Offline wayno

• grandson loves PIZZA
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »
Primavera60 is currently priced at $2,780 includes $580 shipping charge to Richmond VA.  WOW!!!
At night, I either sleep, make love or dream about making pizza.

Offline John in Florida

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 01:15:35 PM »
Hello, I have had a Primavera 60 for about 2 years now. It definitely delivers as advertised, but I have a few suggestions. First, buy a P-70, since the oven does work well you will want the 70 in no time since the 60 is very small, you can only cook one 12-13 inch pie at a time and it's crowded with fire and pie. Then there is the metal base. It's likely just fine in a dry climate, but here in Florida it rusted out in a year to the point of loosing structural integrity. FB sent me a new one no charge, but I'm actually just finishing a concrete pedestal. Nothing painted steel survives in FL. Buy a cheap sheet metal extension for the flue, gets smoke away from your face. Make sure you have a strong back to wrestle this thing onto it's stand. While I'm not disappointed in this oven if I were to do it over again I'd bite the bullet and build an oven from brick, if you're serious enough to consider a FB Primavera go the whole way. You can investigate stone masons or stucco technicians in your area and find someone who will be thrilled to build something different.  Best of luck.  John

pizzapan