Author Topic: World's Largest Pizza Skin!  (Read 636 times)

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
World's Largest Pizza Skin!
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:15:13 AM »
Check out this dude!  He could easily win in Vegas at the Pizza Expo for the largest dough skin.  This man has skillz!  I'm amazed by the economy of movement and his excellent dough management. 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1d0_1310441995

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: World's Largest Pizza Skin!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:20:14 PM »
And all done while sitting down!

John

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »
Two things about this video.
1) He has done this more than once or twice! He is very good at what he is doing, and from a sitting position too! Wow!!
2) High tech ovens are not always needed to accomplish the task at hand.
Thank you for sharing.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline Tman1

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 04:06:22 PM »
Holy schnikes!!   :o

buceriasdon

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
Thanks for sharing, he is one tough hombre.
Don

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:19:40 AM »
PizzaPolice,

Thanks for sharing the video.  That guy sure has dough handling skills! 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »
As someone who has competed in a couple Largest Dough Stretch competitions (and came really close to winning, as you can see for yourself 30 minutes into 'Pizza! The Movie'), I can assure you the dough in this video is infinitely easier to handle than the dough they give you in the competitions. Well, at least in the PMQ/USPT competitions. (I've never competed in a WPC/Pizza Expo competition.)

In the two USPT competitions I've done (2004 & 2005), the dough they gave us was cold, stiff, and unbelievably elastic. In no way did it resemble actual pizza dough. I assume it was the same dough as the trick dough, which is made specifically not to stretch. I don't know for sure, though, because I don't do tricks.

The first time I competed in the Largest Dough Stretch, with only 30 seconds remaining, I'd managed to stretch my dough to almost 40". But when I set the dough down on the floor, it instantly sprung back to about 20". If I had only put it on the floor 10 seconds earlier, I probably would've had enough time to make the dough stick to the floor, and I probably would have won. Instead, the dough didn't stick and my knees put a couple holes in the dough (which disqualified me).

In 2005, having learned from the previous year's mistake, I wore shorts instead of jeans (to keep my knees from putting more holes in the dough). This time I essentially gave up way before my time ran out because the dough was even worse than the previous year's dough. Unfortunately, I didn't realize everyone else was having the same troubles as me. I think I missed winning by an inch or less.

PMQ's competition is a joke. It has nothing to do with real-life pizza-stretching skills. I'd feel that way about it even if I had won.

pizzapan