Author Topic: Stones for Bakers Pride Countertop Oven  (Read 6759 times)

Offline frannyD

Re: Stones for Bakers Pride Countertop Oven
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 06:10:54 PM »
I am going to be there next weekend for the brews and bikes at GGP.  I will try to swing by there.  I looked at the pics and thought it looked a lot like Arinell's and somebody mentioned that as well in the posts :)  My husband is a contractor so he can cut it no problem.  Just need to find it.  For now I have the one deck to play with.

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »
I am going to be there next weekend for the brews and bikes at GGP.  I will try to swing by there.  I looked at the pics and thought it looked a lot like Arinell's and somebody mentioned that as well in the posts :)  My husband is a contractor so he can cut it no problem.  Just need to find it.  For now I have the one deck to play with.

Franny,

I had both, Arinell's and Avellino, and I would have to give the advantage to Avellino's. It's just a tad better in my opinion.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Bob1

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 08:43:54 AM »
 Bob chimed in that he had the P18 and seemed happy with Fibrament stones.  I've talked extensively with Bob about his oven

Wow Scott,
I do not recall talking to you extensively about this oven.  I personally do not like the P18 because of the heat up time but I am stuck with it.  I overcame the thermostat issue by adding the Fibrement on to of the cordierite.  It has so much thermal mass it works well.  I was just adding a comment from someone who actually owns the oven and has tried it.  Your comment sounds a tad sarcastic.  Keep in mind that I cook clean with out using bromated flour as a crutch.

Thanks,

Bob

scott123

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2011, 10:04:36 AM »
I'm sorry, Bob, I thought you were someone else.  There's another Bob on the forum with a countertop oven, who I've talked to extensively (Bobino).  Absolutely no sarcasm here, just a case of mistaken identity.

Offline Bob1

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »
Thanks Scott, glad to hear

Offline patflynn

• Chicago Thin and Crackery is where its at!
    • State Street Pizza Kitchen
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2011, 05:43:17 PM »
I listed mine on craigslist, if anyone here wants it make me an offer.
Making the leap to Pizza Professional from the Amateur Ranks