Author Topic: New Member  (Read 235 times)

Offline ymax007

« on: July 14, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »
Hi Guys, hope you all are having an amazing beautiful day. Firstly my name is Marius Gaybba or better known to my friends " Mario "

I am involve with the upliftment of youth in and around the Cape Flats on South Africa and trying all avenues to get the Youth of the streets by trying to teach them new ideas. THIS IS NOT A SPAM message. We have daily Gangster wars where these innocent youth are loosing there Life's and just become another static to crime.

I have obtained a Free Class Room from a Local School in the Township " Hanover Park " and is doing two things the Youth Love, Music and Arts and Now want to try and implements a Cooking Program to get the Kids involve as small Business Entrepreneurship on a Small Scale.

The reason me joining is I dont have all the knowledge and would appreciate a Group like this where I can ask question and receive suggestion. Pizza's is an easy meal to prepare and is very famous Food Line here in Cape Town.

Thank you for understanding and I hope all can assist where you guys can. The Youth of the World is our future no matter how bleak it may look. If I can help a few find the right path through this Program it is a start and maybe many more of us can do this in different Countries around the World. I believe it is no use handing out the Food but rather teach them how to prepare this Food, so they can make an honest living out of it.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »
Mario;
We are always more than glad to assist anyone where ever we can. If you are in need of some good dough formulas/recipes, I have a number of them posted on the PMQ (Pizza Marketing Quarterly) web site in their RECIPE BANK. You can access them at <www.pmq.com> and click on the Recipe Bank. It will be one of the drop downs under the Culinary heading. Be sure to use only "dough" for your search word for the dough formulas, if you use pizza, or pizza dough you will get the different types of pizzas.
I've even taught pizza production to prisoners and street kids. They all love the pizzas, and soon learn if they do well they can eat some of their pizza creations, and once they have created their own pizza, and find out how good it tastes, you will have their attention. From then on it is easy t work with them showing them how to make many different types of pizzas, and from there, you might be able to get some local support to help them transition into a pizzeria. One place that I worked with has its own pizzeria that they use to train the kids in, they are kept busy working and learning about pizza, so they are off of the streets, and eventually graduate to work in another pizzeria, or hopefully, with assistance from the local Government, go into business for themselves. Give a man a fish and he can have a meal, teach a man to fish, and he can feed himself for a life time. Give a man a pizza, and he will have a great meal, but teach a man how to make a pizza and he can go into the pizzeria business!
Good luck with your endeavors!
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline ymax007

Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »
Thank you so much Mr.Tom Lehmann, I will try and keep you up to date how we doing. I know it is just a small step but who knows we can only hope for the best Sir.

I also run a Project called Cosa Nostra Dj and Entertainment, management. http://www.facebook.com/groups/CosaNostraCN?ap=1 where I take naturally talented youths and make them into Artist, and then a Friend of mine is owning 021 Lounge @ Swingers http://www.facebook.com/pages/021-Lounge-at-Swingers/224152747624687?sk=info He allows to use his equipment and Venue to let them perform in front of Live Audiences so they can get exposure and just by luck get Picked Up and taken further :-)

This gesture from your side is much appreciated. Have a blessed day further :-)