Author Topic: Hello from Arkanasas!  (Read 221 times)

Offline Eve0412

Hello from Arkanasas!
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »
Hi, my name is Eve and I'm a beginner home pizza maker. I would really like to be able to make a good tasting pizza at home, both b/c of financial reasons and because I love to bake. Pizza and bread making seems very intimidating, so I hope this site will help me overcome my fears!

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Hello from Arkanasas!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:10:20 AM »
Eve;
Fear not! Both great tasting breads and pizza are a snap to make at home.Your first attempts may not be gourmet, but they Will taste good, and that is the fun part, testing, eating, testing and improving, and eating some more. I have a home made pizza dough recipe posted in the RECIPE BANK at <www.pmq.com>. When you get there, look for the drop-down under "culinary" where it says Recipe Bank, click on this and use "dough" for your search word, scroll through the formulas until you find my home made pizza dough recipe. If you wish, you can e-mail me directly at <tlehmann@aibonline.org> and request my home made pizza dough recipe and I'll be glad to send it to you along with suggestions for making home made bread by a procedure that is super convenient, and won't give you biceps like the village blacksmith.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Hello from Arkanasas!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:56:39 AM »
Eve,

To add to what Tom has said, you might want to check out the threads at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7892.msg67686.html#msg67686 and http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,9453.msg81835.html#msg81835. Both of these threads are directed to the recipe (or modifications thereof) that Tom mentioned.

Peter