Author Topic: DOP San Marzano Tomatoes  (Read 32152 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: DOP San Marzano Tomatoes
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »
Bill,

I did not see any article on tomatoes at the link that VINNYB13 provided. Vinny is a food distributor and may have strong opinions on the best tomatoes to use, and he may even be selling those tomatoes, but as a Moderator who looks to keep the forum clean of posts that contain obvious self-serving advertising (other than by those who are Supporting Members), I am willing to give Vinny a chance to explain the point he is trying to make in this thread. Members who try to pump their own products and services on the forum do not get far.

Peter

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2011, 12:41:59 PM »
Bill,

I did not see any article on tomatoes at the link that VINNYB13 provided. Vinny is a food distributor and may have strong opinions on the best tomatoes to use, and he may even be selling those tomatoes, but as a Moderator who looks to keep the forum clean of posts that contain obvious self-serving advertising (other than by those who are Supporting Members), I am willing to give Vinny a chance to explain the point he is trying to make in this thread. Members who try to pump their own products and services on the forum do not get far.

Peter

Thanks Peter,and I was not trying to step on anyones toes here by acting Bossy or anything.If Vinny is just trying to help out,I apologize for that and to him.Because I belong to a few other forums,I see people sign up all the time to advertise in very sneaky,subtle ways,and usually they will hang around for a very short time or get tossed out by the Mods if caught.It sort of Irritates me a bit.

The most common way is for them to say "we sell" or "we supply" such and such,but wait for the members to ask what it is or how to get it.Then they never come back and have like 10 postings.

-Bill

Offline VINNYB13

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2011, 11:41:51 PM »
Iam not trying to advertise anything, i sell many different brands of tomatoes and only wholesale, a lot of people i see here are talking about going into a store or walmart thats not my business so there is no interest there for me .
iam however a tomato expert and can tell people what i think is the best from my opinion and that site is definitely there just clicked on it twice to check.
www.squidoo.com/canned-tomatoes

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:07 AM »
Vinny,

Thank you for clarifying the matter. Today, your link did take me to that article on canned tomatoes. For some reason, yesterday I got the website but not the article.

Peter

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »
Vinny,

Glad you are here for us.I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.It's nice to have an tomato expert on board with us.
 :)

-Bill