Author Topic: Start To Finish In Record Time(For Me)  (Read 439 times)

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Start To Finish In Record Time(For Me)
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »
I made a pizza last night as soon as the dough was done rising in the bread machine.

I have never done it before and it actually turned out ok.The machine mixed/knead dough for 30 minutes,then I let it warm rise in the machine for 30 minutes.It has an hour of rise time built into the timer but I did not want to wait any longer,I had the munchies real bad.
 :-D
The dough was a bit tough to open,it needed more rise time and I do not consider this an emergency dough pizza at all.I just wanted to see if I COULD.

I used a little bit of Olive oil on the dough to open it up and little by little I got it to 14 inches.I had a bit of a hard time making it round.

So in some sense,I was able to make a pizza in 1 hour and 15 minutes total of opening and bake time,give or take a few here and there.My oven was already preheated by the time this done.

This is not something I would do often,but another thread about pizza taking too long sort of inspired me to do this.The color and the crust is a bit lighter than my typical 2 day cold risen pies.

Btw,the dough was a Lehmanns 63% KABF mix.2% sugar,oil and salt.1/2 tsp IDY yeast.

-Bill

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Start To Finish In Record Time(For Me)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:10:22 PM »
Looks good to me.  Bill, this would be considered an "emergency" pizza by the very definition.  Help I have the munchies and need a pie in 1 hour!

Nice crumb shot btw.  Guess I'll go make pizza now, be back in 1 hour.  :-D  JK, I just finished eating pizza actually.

Chau

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Re: Start To Finish In Record Time(For Me)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:28:24 PM »
Thanks Chau!

I made 4 doughballs last night,put them all away for the cold rise,and got the munchies BAD,and it was very late.I decided to make another dough and see what I can do with it very last minute.
  :D

The reason I did not list it as an emergency style dough,I had a bit hard time opening and shaping the dough.Had it sat out for another hour or two,Im sure it would have been a bit easier easier to use.

This dough would not be ideal for a someone new at this and did not have alot of practice opening a dough.I made alot of pizzas and still had a bit of a time to open the skin and make it round.It did not fight back,just took more time to stretch each time around.

I believe an emergency style dough needs more time.I will say,the pizza tasted good,but the crust was on the bland side since it had very little rise time.

I really did like this experiment,It allowed me to see what the difference was between a dough that is properly risen,fermented and one that was not.
 :)

-Bill

pizzapan