Author Topic: Definitely not a connoisseur...  (Read 300 times)

Offline Anamootoo

Definitely not a connoisseur...
« on: July 19, 2011, 02:05:13 AM »
So, okay, I'm not a connoisseur. Actually, I have very limited experience with pizza in general.... But a certain pizza takes me straight back to 1979, puts my tiny hand in my older brothers, and walks me 5 blocks through the old neighborhood, to a now long closed Elizabeths Pizzeria. It was the twice monthly treat that was hard on our parents meager budget. That pizza taught us patience, independence, the art of savoring the little things... But even more importantly, as we sat across from one another, enjoying that yummy goodness... a friendship blossomed.

I want to learn to make something kind of close here at home, something to share with my own kids, nieces, and nephews... Something that brings back bittersweet memories of a time, a place, and a person lost to the world but for memories.
 I don't have any experience to share, but promise to keep quiet. Thanks for allowing me to read and learn here. Renee' (Piedmont region, NC)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Definitely not a connoisseur...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »
What an awesome first post.  Thank you for sharing this personal story.  I'm sure members can help you get close to that pie that you so fondly remember Renee.  

I love the idea of pizza (or anything for that matter) bringing people together.  I also enjoy sitting around and reminiscing of the old days with my brother every now and then.

Chau
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:32:09 AM by Jackie Tran »