Author Topic: Hobart Mixer vs. Globe Mixer  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Jah Pizzafari

Hobart Mixer vs. Globe Mixer
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »
Hey there, I am closing in on buying a new mixer for our soon-to-be opened restauarant.  We have been quoted on mixers and a Hobart is twice as much as a Globe.  What do you all think about these two different mixer brands?  Thanks in advance.  I don't know the exact model offhand but can get that info.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Hobart Mixer vs. Globe Mixer
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:27:13 PM »
In parallel with your post here, you might want to register and post the same question to the members of the PMQ Think Tank forum at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. It is best to provide as much detailed information as you have.

Peter

Offline alex_chef2000

Re: Hobart Mixer vs. Globe Mixer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
Hey there, I am closing in on buying a new mixer for our soon-to-be opened restauarant.  We have been quoted on mixers and a Hobart is twice as much as a Globe.  What do you all think about these two different mixer brands?  Thanks in advance.  I don't know the exact model offhand but can get that info.

IMO it depends on your budget, if you can afford it, go for the Hobart mixer, they last forever.  Also consider in buying a kneading machine insteadof a mixer. 

The cheap alternatives work fine the first year or two and they start having problems.

ABW.: