Author Topic: What all does a kitchen need ?  (Read 874 times)

Offline all1knew

What all does a kitchen need ?
« on: July 19, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »
Hello all,

Just sitting here thinking what all a successful kitchen needs. Looking back on a chain restaurant I previously worked in has helped somewhat but I want to make sure I'm not leaving anything out or forgetting the obvious.

You've got, the slap table for the dough and the saucing station, the refrigerated make-line that holds the toppings/cheese, the oven, and the cut-table where the pie goes into a box.

Other additional equipment is the prep table for cutting vegetables, the cooler storage, and the sink for dishes and the washing of the hands!

Let me know if you can think of something else and thanks in advance.

Bill

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: What all does a kitchen need ?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
Sinks with an s.  Storage for boxes and dough trays and everything else you need, plus a microwave or 2, warming lamps, and more counters.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: What all does a kitchen need ?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:49 PM »
 How about an experienced chef  :chef:!
might help. I assume you are speaking of a pizza shop kitchen? You can get by with whatever you need to get by on,  for example you dont even need a mixer if you have 2 hands, but the  health departments dont skimp and can set some crazy rules . You need thermometers, 3 compartment sinks, seperate hand washing stations,
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com