Author Topic: 1st post  (Read 266 times)

Offline SDBob

1st post
« on: July 21, 2011, 06:45:16 PM »
Hello All! 

A little bit about myself: I have been in San Diego for about four years now. I am originally from Phoenix, AZ.  I am a chemist at a clinical stage pharmaceutical company. 

Why I'm here: As a birthday gift several years ago I got my first Lou to go pizza and I've been hooked ever since.  I was able to visit Chicago about three years ago and ate at Lou's in Lincolnwood.  It was awesome.  I don't travel back to AZ too often, but when I do we always make a trip to Spinato's (2nd best pizza I've ever had).  I've searched San Diego, albeit not very far and wide for a good pizza joint.  The best I've found is Gaslamp Pizza.  It's New york style, which I don't typically like, but it's pretty decent.  After a trip to BJ's two weeks ago, I finally said enough is enough, I was going to try and replicate a true Chicago deep dish pizza.  I got a recipe online and it turned out ok, so I decided to dig further for better recipes.  That's when I came upon this site.  I have gotten a ton of information in the past few days.  I am blown away by the dedication of some of the posters, and I am truly inspired.  I can't wait to try out some of the recipes that I have found.  The pictures for some of these pies look outstanding.  I am looking forward to posting some pics of my own in the near future.

If anyone has any good reccomendations for pizza in the SD area let me know. 

-Bob

pizzapan