Author Topic: Request: recommend the best pizzerias in Tuscany  (Read 1846 times)

Offline mike

• I Love Pizza!
Request: recommend the best pizzerias in Tuscany
« on: June 12, 2005, 10:40:16 PM »
I知 going to Italy and would like to hear recommendations on where to find the best pizza napolitana. I値l only be in Naples briefly so I知 especially interested in great pizza napolitana in Tuscany, where I will be most of the time.

My interest (and time) will be in three areas, where I would love to hear any recommendations:

-   Florence
   -   Tuscany, other than Florence
   -   and of course Naples.

Mike

PS. To save people having to repeat previous postings, here is the list I致e gathered for Naples: Da Michele, Ciro a Santa Brigida, Trianon da Ciro, Lombardi a Santa Chiara, Pizzeria Brandi, Di Matteo, Sorbillo, Pizzeria Port A'lba, Pizzeria del Presidente, La Notizia.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Request: recommend the best pizzerias in Tuscany
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 10:52:07 PM »
Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

In addition to what some of our members on this forum may recommend, you might also want to check out the eGullet forum at http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showforum=39.

Peter

Offline Joe H.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 11:55:04 AM »
Il Pizzaiola in Florence is credited by almost everyone with having the best pizza in the city.  It is adjacent to Cibreo about 1/4 mile from the Duomo.  On par with the best in Naples or Rome.

Offline D.C. Pizza Master

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 02:09:33 AM »
I知 going to Italy and would like to hear recommendations on where to find the best pizza napolitana. I値l only be in Naples briefly so I知 especially interested in great pizza napolitana in Tuscany, where I will be most of the time.

My interest (and time) will be in three areas, where I would love to hear any recommendations:

-   Florence
-   Tuscany, other than Florence
-   and of course Naples.

Mike

PS. To save people having to repeat previous postings, here is the list I致e gathered for Naples: Da Michele, Ciro a Santa Brigida, Trianon da Ciro, Lombardi a Santa Chiara, Pizzeria Brandi, Di Matteo, Sorbillo, Pizzeria Port A'lba, Pizzeria del Presidente, La Notizia.

your not going to find neapolitan style pizza in tuscany...simply because its not popular....instead what you will find and enjoy is the pizza classica....a thin crust pizza that is 12 inches in diameter and has low borders..it also has more toppings then a neapolitan pizza

if you want a great neapolita pizza....have one in napoli

pizzapan