Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 223 times)

Offline MMacFadden

New Member Intro
« on: July 25, 2011, 07:32:48 PM »
Hi all...  My name is Michael, I like in San Diego, CA.  I worked at a local pizza joint back in High School in the 90's in upstate NY.  Being a local joint we made everything from scratch (i.e. no pre-fab dough, etc). After going to college, I didn't make a single pizza for probably 10 years.  After moving to the mid-west and not having access to what I considered good pizza, I decided to fend for myself and try my hand a making pizza again.  To main challenges arose.  1) It was 10 years ago that I made pizza and I don't remember a lot of things.  I have no idea what the ingredients or recipes were that we used.  2) Cooking vast quantities of dough using commercial equipment and baking in a commercial pizza oven is a far cry from trying to make 1 or 2 pies at home.

So really, I am just learning and relearning.  I have had some successes, with many compliments on the pizza I make, but still haven't been able to really recreate what I remember from my youth.  That journey is still ongoing. 

So here I am.