Author Topic: Proper pizza co video  (Read 1886 times)

Offline james ppc

Proper pizza co video
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
Hi we are a mobile wood fired pizzaria based in uk, been going 3 years now.
Here is a video of a wedding we done this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGkEGVrwVQ&feature=player_embedded  :chef: :pizza:

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Proper pizza co video
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
Hi we are a mobile wood fired pizzaria based in uk, been going 3 years now.
Here is a video of a wedding we done this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGkEGVrwVQ&feature=player_embedded  :chef: :pizza:

Great video - and very nice pizza. Looks like you are having fun as well. That is the first time I have seen Neapolitan dough docked, but it seems to favor your oven and dough crispness.

John

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:47:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Your crust looks fantastic to me.  Do mind posting your formula and mixing method?  I would love to have a look.

Tux,
Chau

Offline james ppc

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 05:42:47 PM »
Looks like a fun business. Handsome pies.

You might ask them to edit out the part at 2:42 where the guy picks up a couple slices and all the toppings slide off.

CL
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »
Looks like a fun business. Handsome pies.

You might ask them to edit out the part at 2:42 where the guy picks up a couple slices and all the toppings slide off.

CL

:-D Craig, you crack me up!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 08:29:20 AM »
Hey James,
You done good.  Welcome!  I am a rookie part time mobile operator as well. Loving it! http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,14533.0.html Your set up looks very cool!  appears you can do 4 pies at a time with your 2 ovens ? your formula is also different Appears you use an AP flour and lower hydration please post your dough formulas and work flow for all of us. You roll and dock the dough which is  a no no for my style. what are your oven temps and cook times? I know we are all nosey but here but just trying to expand  knowledge of how it all works. Also you have no pesky inspectors telling you to keep ingredients at 41degrees? do you have a fridge for the dough ? you are lucky Health Dept are a nightmare in the USA as others can attest
Looks good keep on posting
Thanks
John
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:33:36 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline scott123

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »
James, really nice video and pizzas. One small thing- the sauce looks off.  The tomatoes look like they've been either processed too far or they've been cooked.  There's differing opinions as to how pulverized tomatoes should be, with some only gently hand crushing to others using a food processor or hand blender, but if you're processing them, you can't take them too far or you'll end up with a water-y mess. It's kind of like if you grind meat too much for hamburgers, you end up with an inedible paste (which might work for bologna, but not burgers).

I'm guessing that with your overprocessed, somewhat water-y sauce, you had a problem with boilovers and perhaps that's why you're docking.  Chunkier tomatoes trap a bit of the water and have a tendency to travel less as the pizza bakes.  This might allow you to nix the docking.  Docking your style of pizza serves no purpose whatsoever.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:32:25 AM by scott123 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 11:32:43 AM »
Scott,
I totally agree with you. Yes that was also the first thing I noticed was the dark red appears very thin sauce, and alot on each pie?  and I forgot to mention it.  Looks like almost a cooked Hunts. I am Not sure what available the in Au for tomatoes ?  Fresh bright red and some meat/small bits to it.  I simply hand crush (ok a touch of the stick blender if in a hurry) whole san marzanos add a few goodies and wha la ! Perfecto. well good enough anyway. Hope James will fill us in
John
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:46:52 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline james ppc

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »
Hi guys, firstly thanks for the feedback.
 The dough is actually bought in as frozen balls, we used to make it but found this was an extra element in the business which could be cut out for various reasons. We tried several different companies dough balls and chose one. We blind tasted it against the dough that we were making and the frozen we are now using is as good if not better than. The frozen balls are so easy to handle whilst catering outdoors, you need to tray them up around 5-6 hours before service and they also keep cold and stable in cool boxes for several days, these also act as the ice packs in cool boxes!
However over this winter we are going to be developing a dough with a local artisan baker who is quite famous in our county. We will try out rapeseed oil which is produced locally, also flour and semolina flour which is produced at a mill just down the road..
As for our sauce, it is purely italian sieved tomatoes 'passata'. We by our ovens from a guy from Tuscany and he advised us to use this instead of messing around with making a sauce. 'Keep it simple, and season the pizza with cracked pepper, oregano and flaked sea salt, not the sauce'.
The tomatoes you see are called sun blazed tomatoes, they are marinated in olive oil and garlic and taste amazing!
We dock the dough because the pizzas bubble up far too much in our ovens and all the toppings slide off, we still have to have a knife by the oven to pierce large bubbles.
Oven temps from 350c to 425c, and pizzas take 90 seconds.
As for health inspectors, we do have them come round, all our meat is cured and rest of stuff is low risk, it either gets used or thrown out every hour and replenished from our cool boxes or fridges which are kept between 0-8c.
In the past 3 years we have not had one complaint, infact quite the opposite. We have at least 10 Italians come and say that our pizzas are the best they have tasted, we have probably done 6000 pizzas this summer from may 10th til now and it's been all at the weekends with a couple of exceptions.
Thanks
James

Offline james ppc

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 05:57:09 AM »

Offline james ppc

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »
Just bought this to convert into a pizza truck.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C257231
with this oven http://www.dingley-dell.com/inc/sdetail/2542/2628

Offline scott123

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »
The Oven floor including 16 hand made oven floor cooking tiles

This, to an extent, concerns me. I'm no expert on WFOs, but, from what I've read, refractory is not a suitable for a hearth that you're going to be baking food on.  It's fine for the dome, but the hearth should really be firebrick.