The attempt with the Luigiís pizza went better yesterday with the suggestion for 2% sugar added in the formula by Peter. There was better crust coloration on the rim, and bottom crust, but I am not sure if it still was enough.
The Luigiís dough ball was left to ferment beside the deck oven for about 4 hrs. Geneís idea of letting the dough ferment beside the deck oven went well, and the dough ball didnít over ferment or get top bubbles.
The dough ball was very easy to open and could be tossed and twirled easily. In my opinion, there is great strength in this dough. The Luigiís pie did turn out good in the flavor of the crust, and also the crispness in the crust and rim. Steve, my taste testers, and I enjoyed this pie. There was one thing I didnít understand about this pie though. I didnít eat a reheated slice, but Randy did, and he said after the slice was reheated the pie became more chewy or was tougher to eat. Randy said the pie made last week was better after the reheat.
This is a video of the Luigiís attempt being cut by Steve.