Author Topic: starting a pizza business  (Read 1645 times)

Offline natimoney

starting a pizza business
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:42:21 AM »
hi i am interested in making pizzas and a couple other foods out of my house until i have made enough to lease a store to really expand my business

my question is what equipment do i need to run a pizza business that will also sale wings,cheese bread, and a few other items out of my house,please advice me on all tools and equipment no matter how small or big.....i know i need a stand mixer and conveyor counter top oven but for example what kind and how big...also what legal forums and actions do i need to proceed to be legal,safe and follow all government rules.Last question when my business get to the point where i can expand to a shop,what equipment will i need to run a commercial pizza shop

please do not hold back and tell me everything you think i need to know

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: starting a pizza business
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:03:50 AM »
hi i am interested in making pizzas and a couple other foods out of my house until i have made enough to lease a store to really expand my business

my question is what equipment do i need to run a pizza business that will also sale wings,cheese bread, and a few other items out of my house,please advice me on all tools and equipment no matter how small or big.....i know i need a stand mixer and conveyor counter top oven but for example what kind and how big...also what legal forums and actions do i need to proceed to be legal,safe and follow all government rules.Last question when my business get to the point where i can expand to a shop,what equipment will i need to run a commercial pizza shop

please do not hold back and tell me everything you think i need to know

natimoney,

I really canít tell you what all you need, but most states (if you are in the US) donít allow food to be made in your home and then be sold.  Check with your state, and local sources.  Most states also required you to take a Safe Serve Food Course and pass the test.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Mick.Chicago

• Squish.
Re: starting a pizza business
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »
Starting at a farmers market wold be a better option.

pizzapan