Author Topic: Pizza Biz In Apple Hill  (Read 657 times)

Offline soapysalsa

Pizza Biz In Apple Hill
« on: August 02, 2011, 03:06:18 AM »
Hey all. So i have a scenario for you that I could use some detailed ideas on. It's kinda a long one but to sum up, i am trying to start a mini pizza biz with a grill. This place called apple hill gets tons of tourists in the fall for the harvest with a lot of small bakeries. I am getting a place picked out where I can just set up on one of the farms. It would be outdoors and on the grill that i would be setting this up one. Here's the thing, I have been making my pizzas with starter and the cold fermenting method. I have also only been making very small batches and dividing them into small tupperwares. I take the dough out of the fridge, let it rise for forty five to an hour and then bake it off. these methods present problems if i am trying to serve customers who want a pizza in 20 min or less. I am much much more about quality than production but i have to make this feasible to to customers. Should i experiment with using an ice chest? Should i try experimenting with warm rises? I am just looking for options and ideas to bounce off of people. What has worked, what hasn't. If i get more replies i can think more details about the situation as well. Any help would be grateful, thanks!