Author Topic: Where is a good place to find peel etc...  (Read 1325 times)

Offline rushhour

Where is a good place to find peel etc...
« on: August 13, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
Hi everyone,
I just received a new Premio and am looking for a good source to find peels, oven brush, rake, etc....Tools similar to the $400 forno bravo oven kit but maybe a bit cheaper in Atlanta or online.

thanks

Offline Tman1

Re: Where is a good place to find peel etc...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »
A bunch of people like this guy's stuff, and he's a supporter of this site..
http://www.fgpizza.com/

Good luck!!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 12:11:25 PM »
Tman
I also all GI Products a supporter and very active here as well   John
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:13:06 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online dmcavanagh

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
http://www.buffalohotelsupply.com/  I have a local store, and they are glad to sell to me as a walk-in, non account holder. Perhaps you can find a similar store in your area, check the phone book or google for restaurant supply stores. If they don't have what you want, ask them to order it.

Offline rushhour

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 03:30:23 AM »
Thanks everyone for the info

Offline Tman1

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »
I suppose Jconk is right.. he posts more than Fg if you're looking to support someone who uses the forum.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
I suppose Jconk is right.. he posts more than Fg if you're looking to support someone who uses the forum.

For those who are interested in the forum's policy on advertising on the forum, it is basically this: If an account is a commercial account where the main purpose is to present advertising to the membership, then that member should be a Supporting Member and pay for the privilege. The donations are quite modest, not regular advertising rates. But, even then, the advertising should be placed only in the Advertisement board, not on the other boards, so that it is absolutely clear what the intentions of the Supporting Member are. As a Supporting Member, Frankie G paid for the privilege of advertising his wares to our members although he also is a supporter of the forum in a more general sense by posting on pizza topics like the rest of us. Some members try to slip free advertising into the forum in various ways--in their profiles, into avatars and signature lines and into posts. However, Bill/SFNM and I have become wise to these methods over the years and try to quash them whenever they appear, or to refer questionable practices to Steve to resolve. Quite often our members are on the alert and will report spammers or questionable spammers to the Moderators, almost within minutes of their appearance. Sometimes the lines get blurry, as where members go from being pure posters to running commercial enterprises. For those cases, we use our best judgment. 

Peter

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 11:39:23 AM »
Hi,
I am NOT a commercial account obviously not aware of such policies Peter  :-[  so I aplogize for any wrong doing. I am Not trying to slip in any sales ads, just offering forum  members a discounted price on the GI tools to help them out.As allways feel free to edit delete my posts no problem. Just a hobby for me  and many people I know who buy ovens and need tools wanted to be able to help them out.   I have  purchased many Items from Frankie G and can confirm he is a great guy!!! FG  offers so much more than GI tools. please check his site www.FGpizza.com  for everything from shirts to pans..
John
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:44:19 AM by JConk007 »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 11:57:14 AM »
John,

You did nothing wrong, nor are you a commercial account, so there is no need to apologize. The policy as it now stands is that private (personal) accounts are not required to contribute. I simply wanted to explain Frankie G's situation. We have many members who have gone on to commercial businesses and frequently report on their progress. We also have members who do have commercial operations and bring those to the attention of our members. I leave them alone if I think the members will find the information useful or beneficial. It is when the primary purpose is advertising that the forum's policy comes into play.

Peter

Offline Tman1

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »
I feel like I did something wrong..   :'(   

I've got no horse in this race. It's all good. Back to pizza!!! :pizza:

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
Lets get rushhour a peel so he can make pizza!
JOhn