Author Topic: First Time Pie ... First Deep Dish  (Read 1024 times)

Offline JJP

First Time Pie ... First Deep Dish
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »
Well Lou in Chicago doesnt need to worry about me comming in and taking some of his customers just yet... Ok probably never. Hey but that just fine by me since I need somehing to aspire to!! Got the bug and made some dough last night (11:30 pm) and made my first set of pies!! I  used DKM's guidance to make my first pies! http://www.pizzamaking.com/dkm_chicago.php Thanks to him for a great set of instructions! Couple of things to note for myself for the next time is to make the thicknesss of the dough uniform on the bottom of the pan like it was on the side and not to use too much sauce. I also par-cooked the sausage, mushrooms and the pepperoini. I had no issues with grease but the sauce made for a little bit of soup on one pie. The other was perfect as my wife did not use as much. The mozzerella was a touch too thick but not by much and a simple adjustment for next time should prove perfect. All in all I would have to say it was a great start of which I need to thank all the people who have shared soo much info on this board.

Offline JJP

Re: First Time Pie ... First Deep Dish
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 07:04:54 PM »
One Pie!

Offline JJP

Re: First Time Pie ... First Deep Dish
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:05:36 PM »
Pie Two!

pizzapan