Author Topic: Warren Prince aka " Unconundrum" Artisan Bread Baking Demo Class Jan 23rd  (Read 7812 times)

Offline SmokinGuitarPlayer

• Owner of www.fredsmusicandbbq.com
    • Fred's Music & BBQ Supply
Many of you are familiar with Warren's bread baking prowess and on Jan 23rd, he'll be at our store in Shillington, Pa. presenting an Artisan Bread Master baking demo class. He has donated his time so this class is absolutely free!

He will be baking Baguettes, Wild rice and onion, and some multiseed and multigrain loaves on the Big Green Egg. This is a good opportunity for those of you who want to see the "Egg" in action and see how we set it up for baking which is more or less how we set it up for pizza making.

All we ask is that you please register for this event so we know how many people to be prepared for.
Below is the official press release and registration link... Hope to see you there.
Fred Bernardo (SmokinGuitarPlayer)

......Press release .........
ARTISAN BREAD MASTER DEMO CLASS
Featuring WARREN PRINCE

SATURDAY JAN 23 RD WE ARE PLEASED TO WELCOME WARREN PRINCE (AKA "UNCONUNDRUM") FOR AN ARTISAN BREAD MASTER DEMO CLASS! Warren will demonstrate the baking methods he uses to bake his fabulous artisan breads. He'll bake some fabulous artisan loaves in real time on the Big Green Egg Smoker/Grill. You'll get to sample these great breads and focaccia. Some of the breads made will  include Challah, Wild rice & onion, and multi-grain and multi-seed types.

Warren will discuss all phases of Artisan bread baking on the Big Green Egg,in a Wood Fired Oven or your home oven and you'll see how "the Egg" performs as a baking oven or pizza oven. You learn how to set up your grill, Big Green Egg, or you home oven for "steam injection" when baking, as well as dough mixing, fermentation, flour types, etc. etc. etc. Warren has a huge amount of information to show us and discuss....everybody there will learn a ton about baking bread and focaccia. 

Warren has donated his services so this Master Demo Class is ABSOLUTELY FREE .....but PLEASE YOU LET US KNOW YOU ARE COMING !!
FOR MORE INFO AND/OR TO REGISTER CLICK THIS LINK
http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/category_s/619.htm
Guitar player, dealer and collector. Owner and operator of www.fredsmusicandbbq.com. Seller of barbecue grills and smokers, specializing on the Big Green Egg ceramic grill and all related barbecue cooking supplies...and Wood Fired Ovens and pizza making supplies.

Offline Bob1

Fred,
I have admired Warren's work for a while.  I registered, but I did not see the time.

Thanks,

Bob1

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Bob1,

I have also registered to attend. I also went to Fred's pizza making at his music shop before.  It was fun and informative.  I have admired Warren's bread making skills, also.  Hopefully the weather won't snow.  This winter hasn't been the best and I won't drive if the snow is bad..lol

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Ev

I'm registered and yes, we need to know what time. Thanks

Offline UnConundrum

Guys, it's going to be somewhat informal.  I'm hoping to show up around 9:00 in the morning and get set up.  Then, we'll be baking bread into the mid afternoon.  I'll answer whatever questions I can and there will be plenty of samples all day long.  I doubt there will be anything coming off an egg before 11:00 or so.

Here's an olive and rosemary loaf I made today.  Really turned out nice.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Warren,

Your bread looks fantastic!  :)  Thanks for posting the time.

Norma

Offline UnConundrum

Everything is a go for Saturday.  Started the doughs already (and did a caputo dough for some pizzas too).  There's a rumor that some friends from BBQ Guru may show up with one of their new cookers.  I'm dying to make a pizza in it.  They say it will easily hold 2 pizza stones and 900 F temps and above aren't a problem.  We may have a new candidate for a superior home pizza oven.  Oh, it runs on lump charcoal and at 225 they say it will run 60 hours on one load of charcoal.

Anyway, we'll have plenty of samples and I look forward to meeting some of you :)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Warren,

Thanks for the informative and interesting information you gave today! Your bread was so delicious.  :chef:  I never tasted anything like it before.  The crust was simply amazing.  The pizzas were also delicious, with the taste of the smoke from the charcoal.  It was interesting to taste a pizza made with Caputo. 
It was also nice to get to meet some members.
Fred, I really enjoyed the Bread Making Demo and getting to watch the bread and pizza made on the Eggs!  :)

Thanks,

Norma

Offline Bob1

Warren & Fred,
Thanks for the demo.  Unfortunately my wife and I had to, leave at noon, so we missed out.  Do you have more info on that toy you were talking about?  Can it be used for immersion cooking also?

Norma and BobS, it was nice meeting you.

Thanks,

Bob1

Offline UnConundrum

It was quite nice meeting you guys as well :)
The toy is a ThermoMix.  I'm not aware of anyone selling them in the states, but they can be purchased in Canada.  I know there's a dealer in Montreal and I think another in Toronto.

There is a review at:  http://britishfood.about.com/od/kitchengadgets/fr/thermomix.htm

Offline Bob1

Thanks Warren

Bob1

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
These are some pictures from Warren’s Artisan Bread Baking Demo today at Fred’s.  As you can see Warren’s bread is very Artisan.  His baking skills are really something to experience.  There were plenty of sampling of Warren’s bread.  The Neapolitan Pizza was delicious, also. 
Steve (Ev) also was there. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions,

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
rest of pictures

Offline MO_Pie

Re: Warren Prince aka " Unconundrum" Artisan Bread Baking Demo Class Jan 23rd
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 12:22:48 AM »
Everything is a go for Saturday.  Started the doughs already (and did a caputo dough for some pizzas too).  There's a rumor that some friends from BBQ Guru may show up with one of their new cookers.  I'm dying to make a pizza in it.  They say it will easily hold 2 pizza stones and 900 F temps and above aren't a problem.  We may have a new candidate for a superior home pizza oven.  Oh, it runs on lump charcoal and at 225 they say it will run 60 hours on one load of charcoal.

Anyway, we'll have plenty of samples and I look forward to meeting some of you :)

Hey all - sorry to drag out a skeleton for the closet, but in trying to find the best way to BGE my pizzas - I found this mention about a different cooker in the post here - but didn't see any other mention about it in the thread.  Anyone know what kind of cooker is being mentioned here?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warren Prince aka " Unconundrum" Artisan Bread Baking Demo Class Jan 23rd
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 07:46:33 AM »
Hey all - sorry to drag out a skeleton for the closet, but in trying to find the best way to BGE my pizzas - I found this mention about a different cooker in the post here - but didn't see any other mention about it in the thread.  Anyone know what kind of cooker is being mentioned here?

MO_Pie,

If you are interested, you might want to register on Fred’s (SmokinGuitarPlayer) Ceramic Grill forum at http://www.ceramicgrillforum.com/  Fred, or another poster, might be able to answer you questions.  Fred’s website is at http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/

Norma

pizzapan