Author Topic: Greetings from Illinois  (Read 343 times)

Offline jb0822

Greetings from Illinois
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
I came across this site a couple of days ago and have seen such a wealth of information that I decided that I had to join.

I am in the central part of Illinois in a small town devoid of real pizza (unless you call the carryout at the one gas station pizza). About halfway between Chicago and St. Louis, my pizza preferences are torn down the middle between the two. Case in point was my desire for a Imo's style cracker crust while I whipped up a Lou Malnati's style sausage pizza this past weekend.

Look forward to learning and eventually sharing with the great people here. 

Jeff

Offline Mick.Chicago

• Squish.
Re: Greetings from Illinois
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »
Hello Jeff!!

I frequent St Louis frequently !  There are some really solid recipes/formulas on the site for Imo's and Deep dish pizza.  

Enjoy!

Offline tikidoc

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:26:42 PM »
So does that put you somewhere near Bloomington?  If you can get to Champaign Urbana, there is some very good pizza there (Papa Del's, both stuffed and thin crust).

Offline jb0822

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:14:18 PM »
Yes, that is correct.

I have had my fair share of Papa Del's over the years. Trying to convince my wife the value of their stuffed (she is more of a Monical's gal).

So does that put you somewhere near Bloomington?  If you can get to Champaign Urbana, there is some very good pizza there (Papa Del's, both stuffed and thin crust).