Author Topic: I finally Joined  (Read 356 times)

Offline notbernie

I finally Joined
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »
Well I have been a long time lurker and finally need to search for a good recipe to make 10 inch pizzas.  My peel only holds a 10 inch pizza.  I am sure it is just a "size of ball" thing.

I use a weber grill and a pizza stone @ 525 to cook my pizza and have been basically using this forum to learn how to make dough.

I love NY style pizza and have decided that I am going to cook as many pizzas as I need to so that I can get it right.

I prefer to use the weighted measuring method and to use a mixer to make my dough.

Offline texmex

Re: I finally Joined
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »
HI notbernie...it is definitely a "size of ball" thing.  Mine run close to 200 grams each for my 12 inch stone (10 to 11 inch pizas).  If you go to the main page and use the dough calculator using a close approximation of your ingredients, you can easily create a dough using what you already know, and have precision amounts for those 10 inch pies.

Here's a link for the dough tool page http://www.pizzamaking.com/dough_tools.html
Reesa

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »
A 6 oz. dough ball can make a 10 inch pizza.  I've been playing around with it for the last month or so.  Here are some pictures.  It came out more as a cracker crust (since I cooked it in a pan) but you can also cook it NY Style (on a screen or straight on the brick).

Offline notbernie

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »
Thanks TexMex - I have looked at the calculator for a while now and finally tried it.  I made 220 gram balls, but the dough was not very stretchy - Was unable to get the crust round or even out to 10".  I am sure it is a user thing and I will of course keep at it.