Author Topic: Found the holy grail - this Forum  (Read 49 times)

Offline topas

• I Love Pizza!
Found the holy grail - this Forum
« on: Today at 10:21:34 AM »
Hello there from Germany!
My name is Timo, living near Stuttgart and my fetish is Pizza. I remember spend skiing vacation long time ago in Italy with my parents. One evening we have been eating Pizza in some restaurant with a WFO, that Pizza was amazing! I never got such great Pizza again, most time im trying out some new restaurant the Pizza is a disappointment in taste and/or texture.

At some point i decided start making own Pizza. Half a year ago i bought a Bestron Alfredo DLD9070 and did some tuning to it to reach the goal of my personal perfect Pizza. Soon i realized making Pizza dough is a mastery in itself so i have two major steps to take at the moment:
- Geting better with my dough - goal is Neapolitan style
- Choose a new electric oven (my current one tend to raise the Pizza rim - looks like the heatspread is a problem)

Cheers!

Offline moose13

Re: Found the holy grail - this Forum
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:08:45 PM »
You came to the right place, welcome.

Online mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Found the holy grail - this Forum
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:25:34 PM »
Timo, welcome. Are you sure that it is your oven that is causing the rim, cornice, of your pie to be unacceptable? Seems like a big expense , if that is the only fault, real or perceived.  Can you send a picture of your pie with a cornice as you described? If you want the cornice to be flatter there are probably less costly ways of achieving that.
Thanks for dropping by.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles