Author Topic: Jake's Dipping Pizza  (Read 1388 times)

Offline tomfoolery_79

• I Love Pizza!
Jake's Dipping Pizza
« on: June 20, 2005, 09:06:33 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first post.  I've really enjoyed this site!!!  I had no idea there were people out there that loved pizza as much as I do.  I've had fun reading different recipes and have tried a few too.

For the past 6 months I've been trying to perfect my pizza to the point I'm satisfied.  Let me give you my most recent one.  Feedback is appreciated.

3.5 cups of AP flour
1.5 teaspoon salt, yeast, sugar
1/8 cup corn meal (yes corn meal, but it's optional)
*mix these together first, then:

1 cup warm water
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 stick margarine
*melt butter in microwave and combine all this with dry ingredients

Let set out 6-8 hours to rise

I use 8 in cake pans.  Spread dough out to sides and up the wall.  Layer slices of provolone and pepperoni and definitely generous amount of grated parmasean (spelling?). then put down a layer of dough as the top.  Bake at 450 for 10 minutes then take out and put shredded/sliced mozzerella on the top crust until it starts to turn brown.  Take it out and dip in your favorite pizza sauce.

edit: I had 1/4 cup white zinfandel wine, but this is strictly optional.  If you add this increase the AP flour to 4 cups.  I tried this just adding random ingredients to see what might increase the flavor of the crust.  It was pretty good.  Try it, if you don't like it ya don't have to do it again  ;)

~ Jake
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 12:04:48 PM by tomfoolery_79 »