Thank you Chau.
What I still struggle is how to call the style of Pizza I like. Some elements of the final result and ingredients are neapolitan, some elements might be New Yorkish.
Honestly I am lost where the Pies belong to. Maybe "Hybrid Neapartisan" ?
- I am striving for a air-filled, light crust, not chewy with a nice crisp/crunch
- I am using ca. 30-50% italian Typo 00 flour
- I am using a sourdough starter (Ischia)
- looking for an irregular char (leoparding)
- at the moment I do not use oil, sugar in the dough (i might try though)
- Cooking with rather large flames (radiation), with a hot stone (conduction) and hot airflow guided with stones in my BBQ (convection)
From NY Artisan/Elite style (I know I shouldn't use this expression).
- 700F relatively low baking temp and baking time >3 minutes. I could easily go higher and go sub-2 minutes, but I like the center not to be soggy and hold its shape (even though I also enjoy a true napoletana)
- use a content of rather High gluten flour (12.5% Protein)
- absence of WFO
in other words... Where is my home and where would I post the pictures and result of this pie : Neapolitan or NY section of this forum ?