Author Topic: Pie on the Barbie  (Read 4726 times)

buceriasdon

Re: Pie on the Barbie
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »
Those loook great! Good job.
Don

Offline Martino1

• so much to learn
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
Thanks Don and best wishes to Mexico !
Pizza is the only dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, late night snack ;-)

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »
Martin, your pizzas look excellent.  I need to read this whole discussion but going from the pictures I say you are making some great pizzas. I want to get a grill with rotisserie too, I think that would help me make a lot better pizzas than I do now. 

Maybe you mentioned this but I didn't read yet but will read all your post but I see you are living in Saigon, Vietnam.  I can imagine a shortage of good pizza there.  They probably have pizza but to get a really good one I can imagine might be tough, so you making them really would fill that void.  Good work!

Offline Martino1

• so much to learn
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »
Hi James,
Thanks for reading this post and the compliments. Yes, getting a good pizza here in Vietnam is rather difficult. There was a decent WFO place here and started off well, but last time i went there it was disappointing and the Vietnamese pizzaiolo was literally banging the air out of the dough with the result of the crust being mediocre  :P Baguettes have a great tradition here and are fantastic, but Pizza is not. The VN hpuseholds would usually not feature an oven, so baking at all is not popular.

I was doing Pizza for many years since i first tried, now about 25 years, but i always thought my Pizza is good until i came to this site. when I started to measure out the indgredients and read a bit further about hydration, leavening and all other stuff I know what i did wrong to achieve a Pizza that i want to have.

still not there but when you read above, you can see that with the BBQ Grill the heat came to our house and with using the rotisserie burner being a flame the top heat came. the challenge now is to get a stable heat with an even stone temp and to achieve an even lighter crumb. Since i Like a certain crispness i also do favour more the NY style, so I mix a bit more Bread flour into Typo 00/all purpose.

If you have any question i will gladly answer. Thanks. Martin
Pizza is the only dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, late night snack ;-)

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »
Hi Martin, I did not read thru the post very well and am going to so I can ask questions.  I used to make pizza on the bbq gas grill but it's acting up and the pizza is not turning out so great now so I am doing it in the oven.  Oven is small so I get small pizzas and it's hit and miss.  I will buy a new bbq come Spring or Summer.  I will make sure to get one with a rotisserie infrared unit in it.   This is why I am taking great interested in your pizza since that is what you are doing.  My current grill is an old school one and not that big or great.  Used to be good but no more.

From your name and your command of the English language I take it you are an American living and working in Vietnam.  Is that right?