Author Topic: How many posts to you miss ?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
How many posts to you miss ?
« on: December 17, 2003, 06:46:08 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering how many posts everyone misses, I love the concept of a web based forum, it's great, it's fancy, and it's neat, but sometimes I wish it were able to notify us each and everytime somebody posted a post, - no matter in what section, no matter the topic.

I'm signed up to a lot of groups I guess you call them, where email is delivered in real-time to your mailbox, or you can have a daily digest format if you wish, I'm sure others here are on a few forums like this, anyway yes they are not visually exiting but you don't miss out on anything.  

I just hope in future authors of this software would take that into consideration.  

Why am I bringing this up ? ... well a few hours ago I got an email alerting me that somebody had replied to a pretzel recipe I posted, - well once I go that, it reminded me to check the forum, low-and-behold I see I've missed out on dozens of post  :-\

Anyway gosh darn it, I guess that's the end of my story  ;D

Mark.

Merry Christmas to everybody, and to those who don't celebrate it,
I guess one says "Happy Holidays", so... Happy Holidays  ;D
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Online Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re:How many posts to you miss ?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 08:00:31 AM »
Yes, this forum software is lacking in certain areas... but it's open source (free) and has a lot of nice features. If anyone finds another open source discussion forum that's better than this one, please let me know so that I can demo it.

The best advice I can give is to check in at least once a week.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 08:01:16 AM by Steve »
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
Re:How many posts to you miss ?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 10:39:22 AM »
I check every couple of days, so I don't miss much.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

pizzapan