Author Topic: Almost There! Broiler Finish and 5 Minute Pie!  (Read 6905 times)

Offline PizzaEater101

Re: Almost There! Broiler Finish and 5 Minute Pie!
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »
Bill, I'm a bit late to the (pizza) party, as I have not been posting or reading the forum much but now I am and I have to say your pies look great.  You seriously made pies that look like they are from wood-fired pizza ovens.  They look great.  Your pies have improved so much since you've been posting here last year.  Great job buddy!  :chef:

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »
Bill,

Excellent looking pies! Made my mouth water  ;D
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »
Thanks for the nice replies! Its still a long work in progress,but Im closer to where I want to be taste wise than before.
 :)

I did try to cut back the salt on a recent pie and I still liked it a lot at 2%.After a few pies, I think 3% might be a tad bit too salty for my taste buds at times.Still,am very pleased with the results.Just trying new things and sharing the ideas is what its all about.

-Bill

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
Bill, your pies are so good now there is probably no reason for you and your family to go out to get pizza anymore, well, except for an occasional trip to Sbarro.   

My recent pies have turned out pretty good too.  I'll still go out for pizza tho.  If I'm near a Sbarro I will because I still like Sbarro and if I go to one of the other NY pizza places but for the most part mine is up with them.

I recently made a 1.5% salt pie and I liked it better than 2%.  But either way, 2 or 1.5 are good.

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »
Bill, your pies are so good now there is probably no reason for you and your family to go out to get pizza anymore, well, except for an occasional trip to Sbarro.   

My recent pies have turned out pretty good too.  I'll still go out for pizza tho.  If I'm near a Sbarro I will because I still like Sbarro and if I go to one of the other NY pizza places but for the most part mine is up with them.

I recently made a 1.5% salt pie and I liked it better than 2%.  But either way, 2 or 1.5 are good.

Thanks Bud,and thats great to hear about your experiments turning out great.I understand about the salt usage,different amounts for different folks.Heck I still like dough with no salt in it.Experimenting is key for everyone.

Im still struggling a little bit with Balance though.And with Balance,I mean the amount of sauce,cheese,toppings and etc. to make it all come together.I need to record for myself how much I use makes the difference in the end.I do get lazy and dont bother with it as much as I should.

:-[

-Bill

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »
Bill,

Excellent looking pies! Made my mouth water  ;D

Thanks,I appreciate that.I have seen your work many times and you make some really incredible pies!
 8)
-Bill

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2011, 12:39:23 PM »
Bill, you are so right about the balance because that can make or break a pizza. Sometimes I have it down right and sometimes not.  I need to record my results of my experiments in order to be consistent when I find the right balance.