Author Topic: The 18 Year old kid has arrived  (Read 324 times)

Offline Liquify

The 18 Year old kid has arrived
« on: August 26, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »
Hello, Travis here and I am happy that I finally found a place I could look to for pizza advice.

I know little, except for some of the easy basics about baking in general, but I looked up how to make pizza on the internet and I have lately been making what I believe are some good creations.

My pizza terminology may be lacking big time, but eventually it should pick up.

I've grown up and my family has always been pizza lovers. We've never really made it ourselves, but enjoyed it.

As the years have gone by the large pizza franchises have slowly declined and turned what I and my family believe to be junk pizzas. They are edible, but they aren't what they used to be.

The places that haven't changed are the small local places that have been local legends for years.

My favorite pizzas are HaHa's Pizza (Yellow Springs, Ohio), Sparky's Pizza (Urbana, Ohio), and Joe's Pizza (Dayton, Ohio). Each one of them are tied for first because I love each of their pepperoni pizzas.

Lately I have been trying to imitate them in some form. By using a whole-wheat crust (HaHa's), trying different pepperoni (Joe's), and trying to find the best cheese (Sparky's) I am trying to create my dream pizza.

So far, each pizza has been better than the last.

I took pictures of my last one I just got finished making... I had eaten some of it to make sure it was worth the pics, so my question now is... where would I post them?
Sweet Lou's Pizza

^^That's the dream...^^

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: The 18 Year old kid has arrived
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:44:54 PM »
Welcome, kid. Nice post. You attach your photos (<128K) at the bottom of a post using ATTACH section you will see below the text box.

Offline Liquify

Re: The 18 Year old kid has arrived
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
I did a direct link on my other topic using the url tags.

Oh well, people will still get to see the pics.
Sweet Lou's Pizza

^^That's the dream...^^

pizzapan